£34 + VAT to reset SRS lamp? Anyone got an affordable option

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcman_jh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2013 E220 Cabriolet
My local Merc garage has kindly offered to reset my SRS light for a minimum half hours labour charge + VAT. They started off at 0.7 of an hour, but reduced this to 0.5 when I pleaded sanity from them.

The local independent dealer doesn't yet have the proper kit to do this. Anyone any ideas or know of another Merc or independent garage in the Edinburgh area that will be a bit more reasonable with their costs.

[The lamp was triggered when I switched on the ignition when the airbag was disconnected while fault finding the light multi switch]

JimmyTD

Reaction score
Not 100% sure if it works with Mercs, but on many cars including Smart cars which are sort of Mercedes, if you disconnect the battery for at least 15 minutes or longer the ECU loses all fault codes.

I am sure somebody will advise differently but maybe worth a try.

OP
P

pcman_jh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2013 E220 Cabriolet
£34+VAT to reset SRS lamp

I'd also been advised to try disconnecting the battery for a few hours, so I disconnected it overnight during the week, with no success.

crawfy58

Reaction score
I've seen this question asked on an A Class forum and the only way to reset was going to dealer for Reset. Once power is on with the airbag disconnected the fault is logged on the onboard computer.
Iain

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom