'05 C220 Black Smoke and Powerless

OP
J

JSeaman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDI 2005
Thanks Ian, any links to the delete process? I saw a thread about fitting a few resistors to fool the ECU into thinking the EGR is still there

oigle

Reaction score
Website
members.optusnet.com.au
Your Mercedes
2003 ML270 sold but not forgotten. 2022 Kia EV6 RWD LR
Unfortunately, the schematic posted originally by dieselman has been withdrawn. The post is still live - huge post. There are a few people on the post that have made up the kits for use. Perhaps if you read through the post, you can pick up on one. Alex Crow, one of the indi's, has a good knowledge of the setup as have some others. Look at http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/index.php?threads/disabling-egr.68928/ for the original post.

Ian

fifthwheel

Reaction score
I had a W203 with just the same symptoms it had a knackered turbo. It had been badly serviced the oil feed to the turbo was blocked.

EDIT My turbo was so dry it would spin but at high revs it wouldnt spin fast enough so black smoked.

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
Hi Ian,

I think that mine is a kinda tidied up version.
If you look at Post 256 on the mammoth 'Disabling Egr' thread, there is a hand drawn layout still there which, although seeming different, is actually the same circuitry as my example.

There were numerous other diagrams on that thread, including Dieselman's of course, but they weren't embedded and have been lost over time. This one should work on the OP's C220cdi.

Great thread, that.

oigle

Reaction score
Website
members.optusnet.com.au
Your Mercedes
2003 ML270 sold but not forgotten. 2022 Kia EV6 RWD LR
Fair enough mate. Was just so different from the original, it threw me a bit. Good you had a version after dieselmans mysteriously disappeared.
Was a hell of a thread wasn't it....
Ian.

om613

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S202 C250TD, S123 240TD
The original DM circuit (for earlier cars) utilised a diode, IIRC.

I've got a couple if anyone wants one for the postage?

Top Bottom