190 Cosworth or SL55AMG/SL600?

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
as a 2nd ,3rd car, i am the sl600 fan ,difficult to beat c,capacity. and the ride is just grand and the car is a beutiful shape, a good 55 ok as well, tho more likely to have been thrashed, never much liked the 190, a brick on wheels for me,but accept that a tidy one probrably appreciates more at the moment and costs less to run , my sl is basically an expensice toy. tho i hve had no bother, i would not be an ABC fan as benz did not organise any ,get you home system for when ,not if it goes wrong , and wheels rubbing,bending, wheel arches is ,frankly a stupid design error

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
Theres some interesting stuff around. I am not going to rush into getting anything.

Keep em coming though..

It depends if you want a convertible or not?
If it is a tin top you would like then the Cossie will win hands down, super cars in their day and still are in my opinion :cool:
Now if you want wind in your hair and sun on the head, then it is the transformer SL..........Supercar in their day and a supercar still :D
If its the SL you choose my best advise is, find a good Indy and treat him well. ;) :D
It's a pity you wish not to acquire both cars, I do think that they both will end up being good investments, the Cossie more so sooner and once all the SL55 have been exhausted through their expensive ABC and SBC issues, there will only be the good ones left and that means prices will rocket...................
Moral of my story here is, buy the Cossie now and in a couple of years buy the 55 :)

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
I know that this thread's a few months old now, but did you ever make a decision Steve? As I think you know, I ended up with a Cosworth (2.5 Auto) and don't regret it one bit.

My other option was a 500E, though they're few and far between and I just saw too many dogs in my quest which is why I decided on the 190. The auto wasn't a deal clincher and, to be honest, I'd have been just as happy with the manual version with the Getrag box, even with all it's problems with linkages etc. In my case it was that the right car just appeared at the right time so I went for it and don't regret it at all.

If its the SL you choose my best advise is, find a good Indy and treat him well. ;) :D

I think Steve should be OK here, the clue may be in his forum name ;)

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Speak nicely to your bank manager and buy both...

silestanix

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
97' C250TD Sport
From an investment perspective bud I'd go for the Cosworth 190E.
For me for personal use, SL55, all day long.

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
I know that this thread's a few months old now, but did you ever make a decision Steve? As I think you know, I ended up with a Cosworth (2.5 Auto) and don't regret it one bit.

My other option was a 500E, though they're few and far between and I just saw too many dogs in my quest which is why I decided on the 190. The auto wasn't a deal clincher and, to be honest, I'd have been just as happy with the manual version with the Getrag box, even with all it's problems with linkages etc. In my case it was that the right car just appeared at the right time so I went for it and don't regret it at all.

I think Steve should be OK here, the clue may be in his forum name ;)

:D........... He hasn't got one yet.......Or has he :alien:

Sylar

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class/2006/180k
190 for me. I won one on ebay 10yrs ago to buy as a 2nd car and got the 1k out the bank to buy it. Then the owner revealed it wasn't taxed so never went to pick it up as was unsure of getting a second car and driving it home illegally, etc. Was supposedly (from pics) a good condition one, FSH, and 80k miles and all working great, black leather, manual and the gold colour they all seemed to be. Bet it's worth a fair bit more than 1k now!

You should take a look on ebay..... start crying now! :)

Top Bottom