1972 350 sl

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAWSON

Reaction score
I SOLD A 1972 MERCEDES 350 SL.  THE TITLE SAYS 350SL BUT THE PERSON WHO BOUGHT IT SAYS IT IS A 450 SL AND WANTS MONEY BACK.  I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT WHEN THE 450 CAME OVER FROM GERMANY 350 WAS PUT ON TITLE CAN ANYONE HELP ME?

Spike

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1999 SL500
I am not a lawyer and to be on the safe side, I think you are best getting a 15 minute consultation with a lawyer.......

but I do  think there is very little protection offered to buyers buying privately. I would suggest that all the new owner could do was take you to a small claims court (depending on the monies involved) and try to sue you for the money he has lost. (mitigation being the key).

What I am not sure of is the difference in value between the two models. Is a 350 more valuable? I would have thought the opposite.

Could it be that the "350SL" is made up of two different cars? If so, I can understand his reason for wanting his money back.

How did you sell the vehicle, Was the purchaser given full opportunity to inspect the vehicle first. Did you get a receipt saying "Sold as Seen"? Was the documentation in order?

Do get some professional advice but meanwhile, I will leave you with the old saying...

*LET THE BUYER BEWARE*

Guy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 Estate 2010 Brabus D6 350CDI
You are right, don't worry.
In 1972 there was a 350SL with a 450 engine, and a 280SE.

Guy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 Estate 2010 Brabus D6 350CDI
Just to reassure you -
You can check it out via many websites, just type 1972 350SL into the 'Google' search engine. Lots of references.
Here's one - click on it and check the engine reference -
http://www.alldata.com/TSB/723580_en.html

MarkSL

Reaction score
Surely the engine size was on the paperwork!  Didn't he look at it at all ?  If it was originally a 4.5 from the factory then I cant see what sort of claim he could have.

You should be able to find out from MB anyway,

Mark

MarkSL

Reaction score
Double post ????

Mark

(Edited by mark300 at 8:13 pm on Sep. 10, 2002)

OP
D

DAWSON

Reaction score
andy,

can you tell me where the log book is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom