1972 R107 350SL Fuel Pump Woes

Mattyboy 1972

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1972 350SL
Typical...... the sunny weather arrives and my car decides to throw a strop, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

The car had a new fuel pump fitted a couple of months ago and has been running faultlessly. Last night the usual buzz from the fuel pump didn't happen when I switched the ignition on and the car wouldn't start.

Checked the fuse (no 14 I believe) which is fine and then checked the connections at the fuel pump with a munti meter and I've got no power at the pump. This leads me to think it might be the relay....however I can't locate it. I have googled looking for diagrams, but the 1973 photograph available is not similar to my car.

When I look at my fuse box I have three silver relays slightly above the fuse box and that's all I can see. All three relays are identical so I have swapped them around but this has made no difference - so can anyone help me with the location of the fuel pump relay??

Thanks in advance

Matt

robparker

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
220d (115), 190d (201), c63 (204), 220ce (124)
On my later 107 the relay is up in the passenger footwell behind the glove box, as you have the earlier d-jet I'm not sure exactly what you will have, probably a small sqyare silver one somewhere

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom