1990 230TE Ilde problem

easydriver

Reaction score
Hi,
I´m restoring an abandoned, fairly trashed, 1990 230 TE. Just about done and it 's all in order but one problem I cant pinpoint the source of. I appreciate any help troubleshooting this one.

After starting the TE it idles a little too high until the engine warms up and then it stalls out. If I then get it out of the road and drive it, it runs normally till I slow down to a stop and it stalls again. This repeats itself.

I have replaced the Over voltage regulator, Fuel voltage regulator, distributor, sparkplug wires, fuel pump and gas tank. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

50sflash

Reaction score
Hi it sounds like your fuel mixture is to lean or you have a vacuum line split or disconnected, check all the vacuum lines as this will make a dramatic differance to fuel mixture, does it stall if you drive it from cold? If your lines are all ok & fuel / air mixture is correct then you may have a fault with your idle air control system but this is quite rare, also if you have vacuum headlamp adjusters check there is no leak at the lights or switch.

Regards 50sflash

OP
E

easydriver

Reaction score
Thanks 50sflash,

Yes, it still stalls if if I drive it from cold after the engine warms up. I will carefully check everything as you recommend during the next week and see what I find. Thanks again, for the clues.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom