1992 300SL Soft top problem

adamweal

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes 300SL
Hi there!

I have a 1992 Mercedes 300SL, with one major problem! it had an aftermarket alarm system intaled when we bought the car, the alarm system started to play up and we could not turn it off so we took it out and instaled a new one... so down to the point.. the electric soft top will not open anymore (it did before we removed the alarm) when we press the button down the light glows red and the roof locks into place how it should, when we pull the switch up the light flashes and the roof does nothing at all!
I have tried resetting the windows and the roll bar still with no luck!
Please help!

konrad1511

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 year 2000, SL 350 2003, 450SLC 1976
soft top SL

hello,

how did you reset the electric windows and the rollover bar?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Turn the ignition switch to ignition on, raise each window in turn till closed, better on the slow lift then hold the switch for 5 seconds.

Raise and lower the roll bar and hold the switch again for 5 seconds when it is up

Al Blair1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sl 1992 300
soft top problem

I have a 300sl 1992, and i'm having problems putting the soft top away. The car goes through the cycle of the window's go down, the back end releases no problem, and then when the lid/door where the top is hidden will only raise 4 inches and stops. If i push the roof switch forward, it goes back down the roof comes back down no problem and clicks in securley and windows come back up to end the correct cycle. can anyone help, i'm anew user of this site and have posted this message twice now with no reply. thanks Alan

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I have a 300sl 1992, and i'm having problems putting the soft top away. The car goes through the cycle of the window's go down, the back end releases no problem, and then when the lid/door where the top is hidden will only raise 4 inches and stops. If i push the roof switch forward, it goes back down the roof comes back down no problem and clicks in securley and windows come back up to end the correct cycle. can anyone help, i'm anew user of this site and have posted this message twice now with no reply. thanks Alan

I did answer you post here

http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/showthread.php?t=111081

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom