1994 E280 heater/blower problem

iaagboy

Reaction score
my heater/blower does not work, it started slowing down and became intermittant and then there was a horrible electrical burning smell and I found out that the fuse had blown. Since this time I have removed the motor and tested it and it seems fine. Brushes are a bit low though. I have read many of these posts and I think it may be the regulator, but I don't know where this is? Is it worth replacing the lot - I know this is expensive but will it be worth it in the long run? The aircan doesn't work either but heh one thing at a time!!! Any help would be much appreciated as the manuals don't help at all???!!!

iaagboy

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
Hi
I believe you can replace the brushes, so whilst the fan is out, its probably a good maintenace task. I doubt MB do them, but you can probably buy them from a hoover repairer or similar electrical shop.
Not sure if yours is an early W210 or late W124 - The W210 reg is under the passenger footwell in the fan housing. Not sure where it is on the W124, though if you follow the power feed wires from the fan, they should lead you to the regulator.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom