1994 E320 Re-start problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sulkande

Reaction score
Couple of times I have had problems starting the engine. Pecularly it only happened when I attempted to start it after the car had been already runing for a while and then stopped (shutting off the engine) for a short time (say minute or two) . After waiting for couple of minutes and then trying to start it, the engine starts normally.

Is this some timing lock issue?. Should I be seeing a mechanic immediately or I can go on for some time?.

kid-jensen

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ml320CDI 2007
If you can get it to start by jumping a wire straight to the positive terminal of the battery, chances are the starter solonoid is getting sticky when hot.

Cure could just involve cleaning the terminations, replacement, or fitting a shorting relay.

Rog_E

Reaction score
Do you mean that the engine turns over but doesn't start?

Or it doesn't turn over.

If the latter then this could be because you didn't turn the key fully anti-clockwise before trying to start again.
Or it could be the gear selector position switch - mine is intermittent and I often have to move from 'P' to 'D' before I can start the car!

Neilc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1972 300 SEL 6.3
Could also be a failing fuel accumulator.

Cheers,
Neil
--
87 190E
89 190 Sport Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom