1995 e300 diesel avantgarde

tonyb

Reaction score
hi all....the bodywork on this car which i have had for 2 years is a joke there are rust scabs on the sills ,boot lid,wheel arches,around front grill and headlights, but the worst is the front wings there is actually a hole the size of golf ball on the o/s/front wing near the bumper...there was rust on the car when i bought it but it has spread...it has only done 77,000 miles and runs like a dream so its such a shame about the bodywork ,you just dont expect a merc to rot like the fords and vauxhalls of the 60s ..is it worth getting done??? i dont know..i feel like parking outside the local merc dealership so people can see it..
the only other niggly prob is because i dont use the car from one week to the next the battery (which is only a year old) loses a bit of charge and the immobiliser/alarm (green & red flashing lights on mirror) wont let me start car even tho its turning over quickly ,is this common on this model......when you unlock the car you have to turn ignition on pretty quick or same thing happens....and what w??? is this model..thanks for any info...tony

Top Bottom