1996 E 300 Diesel - Advice on engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Small

Reaction score
Website
www.exhibitionshop.co.uk
I am looking to buy an old shape E-Class Estate. Last of the old shape 1995/6.

I would prefer a diesel but would like advice on what to look out for with these. Auto of course. I have seen a E 300 Diesel N reg for sale at a dealers but seems very over priced. 84000 on clock. Looks Mint. But £12700? A1 Books about £8800 tops.

Is this engine normally aspirated? Is does not say Turbo on the boot. Just says E-300 Deisel?

A have spoke to a colleague who used to run a E 300 petrol saloon and he reconded he got between 25-30 MPG. Does this seem a fair estimate for a 3ltr? If so this is not bad and I would also consider petrol.

Sorry for all these questions at one but any advice on the E-class would be appreciated.

I have looked through the forum at other messages involving the E-Class and have taken advice on board.

Thanks

Andy

Reaction score
Website
www.mercedesservicing.com
1996 E 300 Diesel

Hi Tim

The last of the old shape diesels estates do hold their money.

Yes I think the price is over the top.

The engine is normally aspirated. (Hasn't got a turbo for those requiring an explanation)

From a petrol engine especiall one of the late 300's I would agree. But from an E280 OR 320 it will be a little lower.

If its a diesel you are after then I would keep looking. But they are rare.

Good luck

Regards

Andy @ www.mercedesservicing.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom