1997 S500 heater control knob

Neiltex

Reaction score
Hi
Can any body help me? I need to change the bulb on the main heater control knob I don't know how to get to it:-(! Thanks

jibcl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500,ML55,SLK280
are you talking about the rotating wheels on the panel below the sunglasses storage box.
jib

OP
N

Neiltex

Reaction score
rotating 4 wheels right underneath the main vent.
neiltex

jibcl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500,ML55,SLK280
Two screws in the above cubby box, remove them and then remove the cubby box, needs a bit of a waggle to get it out.
Where you see the glove box open buttons and lock, put the key in the lock and turn key to the 8 oclock position, you can see a small hole on the outer edge of the key barrel.
Insert a 1mm allen key into that hole and using the key in the lock as a lever waggle the key and the whole assembly should pull out, be careful as the tumblers from the lock may come out.
Where the barrell was, deep inside is a big screw, remove that and the button mech will come out.
The vent panel will have two screws, cant remeber where but they should be obvious, remove vent panel, the bulbs for the heating wheels should be on the top in front of you at this point, make sure you speak to MB first and get the right bulbs it took me 3 attempts to get the right ones and I have spares for the future, replace both with new to save the trouble of having to do it again. If local to cambs I can do it for you.
jib

OP
N

Neiltex

Reaction score
I appreciate it i'll try this weekend i had to change that bulb too, now do you know how to change the bulb behined the wheels that close and open the vent or any pictures on how to do this:roll:. thanks

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom