2002-CL55 AMG or-2000 CL600

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Does the CL600 have 24 plugs and 24 coil packs?

24 valves and 12 coil packs, I know that I should not say this in tempting fate but the V8's have no problems with them

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
24 valves and 12 coil packs, I know that I should not say this in tempting fate but the V8's have no problems with them
I was in Altrincham on the weekend (another Feis) and passed a 10 reg S65AMG absolutely stunning car but I wouldn't want to run it without a company paying for it.

One thing I noticed was a red led in the drivers door mirror and I wondered if that was to let the driver know there was another vehicle beside him (and overtaking.....:p)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I cant remember exactly but that led is a overtaking warning that alerts the driver, something like that

mikestrivens

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 W124 320TE, 1998 R129 SL500, 2016 Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
One thing I noticed was a red led in the drivers door mirror and I wondered if that was to let the driver know there was another vehicle beside him (and overtaking.....:p)

That is exactly what it is for. I came alongside an S class the other day and noticed the same thing. The led changes from green to orange to red. One can have a great of fun anoying the driver by adjusting ones position on the road so the led flashes the colours of the rainbow.:D

There is too much pointless technology on modern Mercedes.

Mic

Reaction score
Website
www.bennettgibbons.co.uk
Your Mercedes
MB SL500(2003), MB SLK320(2001), Volvo V70 XC AWD(2001)
That is exactly what it is for. I came alongside an S class the other day and noticed the same thing. The led changes from green to orange to red. One can have a great of fun anoying the driver by adjusting ones position on the road so the led flashes the colours of the rainbow.:D

There is too much pointless technology on modern Mercedes.

Yes.....I test drove one at Tankersley on Sunday 10 July.....S350 with all kinds of driver aids including the ''triangles'' as described, reversing camera which brings up ''parking lines'' on the screen. It also had the system whereby the engine cuts out when stationary and restarts when depressing the accelerator pedal.......I suppose it may well be the future and a chap could get used to it.......but I did not like it.
Probably the best S class since the 140 but there is one heck of a lot of gadgetry to go wrong.

Mic

Mabz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL
Hello Folks,

I would like to jump onto this post as I too was seduced by Top Gear's piece and seeing as my previous employer had a S500, CL55 non Komp and Komp and CL63 I genuinely thought these lovely motors were out of my grubbly little paws. However, it appears depreciation is a cruel mistress and a rich mans loss is a poor mans gain. So I have vowed to buy one of these lovely beauties by this time next year.

I will chart my financial progress however, I would love input from the rest of you letting me know what you think I should spend my approx £10k on.

This is hopefully the start of an interesting ride.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hello Folks,

I would like to jump onto this post as I too was seduced by Top Gear's piece and seeing as my previous employer had a S500, CL55 non Komp and Komp and CL63 I genuinely thought these lovely motors were out of my grubbly little paws. However, it appears depreciation is a cruel mistress and a rich mans loss is a poor mans gain. So I have vowed to buy one of these lovely beauties by this time next year.

I will chart my financial progress however, I would love input from the rest of you letting me know what you think I should spend my approx £10k on.

This is hopefully the start of an interesting ride.

Hello and welcome,, there is nothing wrong with the CL500 from a driving aspect, the rear arches can rust and one can have suspension troubles, not cheap to run, but some never give troubles, what I am trying to say is you could get some expensive bills

Mabz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL
Hi Television,

Thanks for the reply. I am not completely against the idea of a 500 but this will be a toy so I did think about going the extra mile. Mind saying that I am swayed by gadgets so the right car may not have an AMG badge on the back. (but I kinda hope it does, secretly)

Top Bottom