2002 ML270 fixed towbar

Craggy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 ML 270 CDI
Hello there,

I'm after some advice, I've recently bought a 2002 ml270 which has in the past had a fixed towbar fitted. It has the strengthening plates fitted and all the electrics are present and working, but the hitch has been removed from the bumper bar. I have a good friend that is a very experienced fabricator that can make the plate up for me but I need to know the height at which the hitch should sit, if anybody with a fixed towbar could measure the height from the floor to the underneath of the hitch for me it would be greatly appreciated.

TIA Craig.

joderest

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270 2003
hi
If same as my witter tow bar (sounds the same) the bit that holds the ball just bolts to the rear chassis member. They are so cheap off e bay, may just be worth buying one and bolting it on.
My complete tow bar kit, main bracket, tow ball, the brackets that go on side of chassis and wiring was £82 delivered, and was an afternoons work to fit. Rear bumper has to come off, then its elf explanatory.

joderest

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270 2003
just a thought, be sure a 7 way by pass relay has been used, just in case adding extra bulbs upsets the cars systems

OP
C

Craggy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 ML 270 CDI
Cheers for that, I've tested the electrics with a light board and they're all spot on

joderest

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270 2003
There are quite a few on eBay, just enter Mercedes W163 towbar, starting at about £55.
Or look at cars being broken for parts and if has towbar fitted, ask how much. Can be very cheap

Top Bottom