2006 E-Class (W211) can’t stop the engine

KING PRAWN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
280cdi
My car 2006 E-Class (W211) can’t stop the engine. I had driven 100miles and came back to park the car but when I parked the then the key came out but the car won’t stop, it’s still running. So I put the key back in but it won’t turn the key at all. I have two keys so I tried with that key but that did not work as well.
In the screen it says SRS restraint system malfunction visit work shop!
When take the key out with the engine running the radiator fan starts to get really loud as it goes to maximum speed . The key is put back in the ignition without turning it and the radiator fan slows down to normal and the rev counter starts working again as the dash instruments return to normal. At the end I unplugged the black cable from the battery which is at the back and then supplied the diesel from going into the engine which stopped the car but when took the key out the after the car was of the fan started to get loud again so just locked the car and left it in. When the key was in the engine the car would drive just normal.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I have not got a clue on this fault other than a possible EIS fault, it will need STAR to say what has gone wrong or what happened in think

leeey

Reaction score
I'm having exactly the same issue. Had to disconnect the fan but getting the same message displayed still as you were. Did you manage to find out what your fault was?

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Seen this a couple of times, lid not fitted on the front drivers side sam and filled with water, both times was on a 211 e,class.......

J c martins

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 T320 CDi
Seen this a couple of times, lid not fitted on the front drivers side sam and filled with water, both times was on a 211 e,class.......
hi there just facing the same problem i got a w211 05 .
everything looks ok .but cannot stop the engine .

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
Hi JC.
The original post was five years ago ... and I understand the guy's engine is still running!

J c martins

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 T320 CDi
We have had a lot of rain, as said above try drying front sam with a hair dryer, The wife's.
thanks for yours replys
just find out the front sam cover it not close properly.not time to take everything apart .
yesterday the car was with no faults .but msg on the dash . faulty battery.
something drain the battery . stop the car yesterday . and the fan keep kick in.

Dinu

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 w211
Hello guys same problem here can't stop the engine ..

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
How much oil is in the engine, can you open the bonnet and check?

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom