2006 Merc CD220 CDI Engine Flush at 110k miles

mercury333

Reaction score
Hello,
I am in the process of buying a CD220 cdi with 110k Miles on the clock but I have a question about the recent service its had done in Nov 2015.
It states that there has been an engine flush and a refill with castrol synthetic oil. I just wondered why an engine flush might be necessary at this point in its life? Could there be an underlying factor or a common issue with the car.....can anyone help please?

Ricardo_e220

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R170 SLK230k 1999
Some garages will do a flush (Mercedes used to always do it on my mums w202 250d) I don't recall it on my s211 220cdi and last service I did myself but I knew the oil was changed at least tie per year due to mileage.

Wouldn't worry, unless there is a big gap in service before that... In which case someone's tried to cleanit out..

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Engine flush is ok providing the engine is relatively clean, but with todays turbos and the very fine pipes feeding them sometimes a flush can cause more problems than it will solve.

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
Oil viscosity is so thin these days even after 15k miles, you dont need to flush engines anymore. Flushing engines wont cause any more problems if you want to do it, any debris should be picked up by the filter. Most modern engines I have stripped do not suffer with debris build up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom