2007 W221 S500 Tv tuner

G

Grob115

Hi all

Just bought a 2007 S500. Have a question about the TV tuner someone might be able to answer. It turns on but its like it has no reception now it might be the case that it does not work in Ireland at all. But it is an orginal Irish car.
There is a list of station but the only number and not named. The only ones that are named / listed are about 6 radio station.

Thanks

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Unless its been upgraded, your original TV tuner is analogue.
Now TV is broadcast in digital you need a new TV tuner.

Last edited:
OP
G

Grob115

Hi

It does say digital on the Tv menu screen?

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Hi

It does say digital on the Tv menu screen?

In that case, forget everything I said:Oops: Apologies.
Sounds like you already have digital. I wonder if your antenna has failed and not picking up the signals?

OP
G

Grob115

In that case, forget everything I said:Oops: Apologies.
Sounds like you already have digital. I wonder if your antenna has failed and not picking up the signals?

No worries, yeah it could well be that. I suppose the best thing is to get it on star

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello it will be a digital tuner, perhaps the way that you are trying, hard to say. these things do have multi world wide tuners, too busy today, do you have the handbook

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
reception on mine is terrible, I have never found away to tune it, just checking the manual... there is no way to tune it, it just does it itself.

it goes on over two pages suggesting you can tune it, but what its on about is the ability to store favourites (not retune anything). as the car goes along it looks for what's out there and displays it if it exist and signal is strong enough

my experience would be to be very excited its fitted, and then never expect to be able to view (or worse still hear anything) without the glitches brining 99.9% of what available.

OP
G

Grob115

Thanks guys, Have read the manual and tuned it in but just getting static

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
reception on mine is terrible, I have never found away to tune it, just checking the manual... there is no way to tune it, it just does it itself.

it goes on over two pages suggesting you can tune it, but what its on about is the ability to store favourites (not retune anything). as the car goes along it looks for what's out there and displays it if it exist and signal is strong enough

my experience would be to be very excited its fitted, and then never expect to be able to view (or worse still hear anything) without the glitches bringing 99.9% of what available.

Same in mine, Only time I came to use it (food at a services late at night) and the thing wouldn't pick up any signal.

BongoShaftsbury

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2013 AMG ML63, (RIP R-Class 2007 R63 AMG)
Mine doesn't work at all near home but does get about a dozen stations plus radio channels when near London.
There is also a setting to tell it which country you are in. Mine is set to East EU1 I think.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom