1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2011 E63 AMG facelift body kit?

Discussion in 'AMG' started by Jonathan Baker, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Jonathan Baker

Jonathan Baker New Member

Your Mercedes:
    E63 AMG
    Hi, does anyone know if there is an approved facelift body kit for a 2011 E63? I was wondering if I could replace my front grill for the facelift version on the 2013 cars. I actually like having the N.A 6.3 engine. Has anyone done this and how much did it cost? Finally if this is possible, are there any car dealers in the U.K. that you can recommend to carry out the work? Many thanks.

2. daveenty

daveenty Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2017 W213 E63s & 1989 W201 2.5-16
    To be honest, I very much doubt that it could be done. There were that many differences in the W212 pre and post facelift that it would involve swapping the full front of the car and not just the front panel. The bonnet is different to accommodate the single headlamps, the wings may be the same, though this would need checking and there are probably a host of other things which I've forgotten, not least a load of wiring.

Apparently it was the most comprehensive facelift ever undertaken by Mercedes, at a development cost of close to €1 Billion, with nearly every body panel changing.

TLDR; Not worth doing as nothing will fit and the cost will outweigh the gains. :(

Blobcat likes this.
  3. John Laidlaw

John Laidlaw Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    W212 E63 ///AMG V8 Biturbo Volvo XC90 2018
    ^ this really which I guess is a shame if the 6.2 N/A is the driver. I like the 5.5 bi turbo personally but then I never had it’s predecessor

4. OP
    Jonathan Baker

Jonathan Baker New Member

Your Mercedes:
    E63 AMG
    Thanks for your replies guys.