2013 E Class, E300 BLUETEC HYBRID AMG SPORT

melvin E300 hybird

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MERCEDES-BENZ E Class, E300 BLUETEC HYBRID AMG SPORT
Hi, I picked up a used 2013 E class E300DE 1 week ago about 100 miles away from my home. When I Test drove it and the hybrid side of things felt fine, the battery on the dashboard is charging it would cut to electric at 0-20MPG, or when I stop at traffic lights it would change and pull to electric, the ready light was all green and fine, when I picked the car up and drove it home.

2 days later it seems the ready light has gone to orange. When I start the car is green-ready and starts on electric, when I put it in D(Drive) it automatically starts the diesel engine, and changes to orange ready. However, it still charges the battery and uses electric power boost while also using the diesel on hills, harsh acceleration, and general motorway driving.

I drive about 25 miles to work 1 way on A roads and few stop lights and such so the car warms up fast and travels at speeds of 60-70MPG but even still the lights stays on orange ready and can't seem to get back to green ready, haven't had any other problems with it then the electric doesn't seem to do it job so to say .

I've seen a few people suggest changing the car battery in the boot as it might not have strong enough volts anymore to maintain the switch over to electric/diesel any other suggestion would be much appreciated, I was thinking of taking it to a Mb garage to ask them if they can show me how it works but I think its the car and not me doing it wrong.

Attachments

• orange ready light.png
    orange ready light.png
    1,001.7 KB · Views: 15

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hello and welcome,

You could just try a new 12V battery… although if you bought it from a dealer I’d take it back and then run away very fast

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
I won’t claim to know anything about this as it could be a simple fix.

However just to point out, there have been threads on these models some months ago and I’ve seen owners in the tabloids facing £15k replacement repair bills and swearing they will never buy an MB again. This isn’t a model to keep.

If you want to keep it then report the fault to the dealer. The dealer will spout the finest bs known to man but, the law has you covered. Even if it’s a used car and the faults in under 6months, it’s assumed the fault was there at the pint of purchase and it’s up to the dealer to prove otherwise and fix it!

If you need a hybrid - Lexus GS450H all the way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
M

melvin E300 hybird

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MERCEDES-BENZ E Class, E300 BLUETEC HYBRID AMG SPORT
Hello and welcome,
You could just try a new 12V battery… although if you bought it from a dealer I’d take it back and then run away very fastwas a private
Hello and welcome,

You could just try a new 12V battery… although if you bought it from a dealer I’d take it back and then run away very fast
Unfortunately it was a private sale. But it was all running fine and he showed me and it was working the Saturday and Sunday 1st, 2rd of October no problem, cold starts it would stay on electric till I pushed my foot down or went over 15/20mpg. It would go to electric at traffic lights and roundabouts and such. But since Monday the ready light wants to stay orange, but still uses electric on harsh acceleration and hills for extra boost but not the others I listed.

Headhurts

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes GLC300 2021
I had a new E300 Hybrid in 2016 which I kept for 2 years.

On mine it would really only travel on electric in the summer and not go too far, you can master sailing in it with practice, get up to speed on level ground and ease back on the accelerator until the engine cuts out.

These cars or at least mine had a very small hybrid battery and are affected by using climate control, headlights etc.

You do need to have a well charged system.

Good luck with sorting yours ou.

Robin

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Back in 2013, Mercedes were very new to hybrid technology and making it up as they went along. I wouldn’t touch one that is now nine years old but sorry that advice is a bit late for you. Hope you get it sorted,

Reactions: DSK

Headhurts

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes GLC300 2021
I had a new E300 Hybrid in 2016 which I kept for 2 years.

On mine it would really only travel on electric in the summer and not go too far, you can master sailing in it with practice, get up to speed on level ground and ease back on the accelerator until the engine cuts out.

These cars or at least mine had a very small hybrid battery and are affected by using climate control, headlights etc.

You do need to have a well charged system.

Good luck with sorting yours ou.

Robin
Oops! It was a 2014 car….

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom