2017 E350 Power Loss

mattgod69

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43 Cab 2018
Hi all

I had a couple of issues this weekend. Firstly, the power socket stopped working late yesterday (obviously not much of an issue). Then today when driving there was no power or greatly reduced power for the entire journey. I turned off the eco function as I was not sure it would start again. There were no warning lights or any other indication on the dashboard. I called the Mercedes Benz breakdown service and they came out once I got home. The fuse had gone and was of course easily replaced, but when he ran then diagnostics there were no errors. I went out for a drive with him and the problems has gone.

Something is not right. I could not accelerate earlier today the car was behaving very strange…. The car was revving to around 2.5k revs and staying there without changing gear, although eventually it did though, although several times I manually changed up. I did not get the car in 9th gear at all on the journey home. Tick over seemed lower than normal as well…. (just over 500 rpm), although this may be right, cant be sure.

Let me know your thoughts and many thanks.

Matt

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Hi Matt
Not right it’s gone into limp mode- get them back out - a diagnostic will show something this time

OP
M

mattgod69

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43 Cab 2018
Thanks John.... i know... i have emailed my local MB dealership...

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
You don't mention where you are.
There are a number of highly respected independents dotted around who would probably be able to help at a lower cost than MB. If we knew your approximate location we could suggest one or two.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
You don't mention where you are.
There are a number of highly respected independents dotted around who would probably be able to help at a lower cost than MB. If we knew your approximate location we could suggest one or two.
As a 2017 car A I was thinking warranty preservation and warranty paid work mainly....
(The car in the Ops avatar probably threw you off...)

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Thanks John.... i know... i have emailed my local MB dealership...
sorry, sounded like I was stating the obvious but your car will be under warranty being 2017 so make them work for it (sure as hell won’t get much when the warranty expires!)

OP
M

mattgod69

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43 Cab 2018
Thanks guys.... just corrected the car i have lol... when i joined i did have a c250!

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Educated guess obviously but sounds like the gearbox can’t decide what speed the car is doing so g/b speed sensor is the obvious culprit. Tick-over is 600rpm when warm and 800rpm during warm-up/DPF regen

Surely STAR will be able to pick something up now, good luck with it and do report back when diagnosed, hope you don’t suffer too much inconvenience with it and a courtesy car should be offered

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom