2040 the future is electric

coxyhog

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E500 Sport Coupe
This from today's DT:

The air quality strategy urges local authorities to first try to reduce emissions by retrofitting the most polluting diesel vehicles, changing road layouts and removing speed humps.

They've just installed a bunch of new speed humps about half a mile from where I live.

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
With the onset of electric vehicles I would assume many new limiting devices will be installed, with speed humps and even speed limit/ speed cameras becoming obselete as the vehicles will obey the pre installed sat nav orientated signals.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
T
With the onset of electric vehicles I would assume many new limiting devices will be installed, with speed humps and even speed limit/ speed cameras becoming obselete as the vehicles will obey the pre installed sat nav orientated signals.
That would happen irrespective of the motive power used.

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
Wonder if anyone's calculated the amount of electricity generation needed to run whole nations of electric cars?

And will the Middle East et al sit placidly by while watching a fast disappearing oil market?

This could turn out to be a quickfix piece of legislation with a real sting in its tail.

OP
Westheath

Westheath

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Empty garage, awaiting new toy :)
Put a decent cheap public transport system in place, its way too expensive to travel by train and bus.

I can see recharging stations chock-a-block with hundreds of cars stuck there for 30 mins

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
We'll still need oil for heavy movement and making plastic

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
T

That would happen irrespective of the motive power used.
Yes indeed, but with new ways of doing things the techno boffins always like to incorporate the things that people will be wary off in established methods. With electric powered cars becoming the way of motoring future these things will be accepted much more readily.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
They're already doing it by stealth.
Radar cruise, self parking cars, lane guidance... all steps in that direction.

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
I only steer my GLE, the systems do everything else. Keep my speed to the posted limit. The distance from the car in front, and warns of vehicle too close behind and prepares for impact. Keeps in the middle of the lane, prevents pulling in/out if another car in area. Stops me crossing white lines. Turning the wrong way into a no entry.

Believe it is only legislation not available currently for it totally drive the car.

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
I only steer my GLE, the systems do everything else. Keep my speed to the posted limit. The distance from the car in front, and warns of vehicle too close behind and prepares for impact. Keeps in the middle of the lane, prevents pulling in/out if another car in area. Stops me crossing white lines. Turning the wrong way into a no entry.

Believe it is only legislation not available currently for it totally drive the car.

And I followed you down the road and thought you were ever such a good driver ........... :geek:

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom