300e-24 IGNITION RESISTOR

OZE1

Reaction score
Hello from a very wintry Adelaide, Australia
My '92 300E-24 has a #3 plug in the ignition resistor.
Now this is an Australian spec car, so I suspect this plug is for it to run on 91octane fuel. I think standard unleaded in the UK is the same.
I have been told there are alternative #no plugs so the car can be run more effeciently on Premium 95 Octane. we also can get 95 with Ethanol (Boost98).
I believe changing the plug to a higher no advances the timing by 3 degrees.

Can abyone tell me what no. plug I need?? And if so where and how much??

jibcl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500,ML55,SLK280
Can you give us a part number for the ignition module?

jib

OP
O

OZE1

Reaction score
The small round plug has a part no. of 015 545 68 28, with a larger "3" on it.

The module (square box) has 012 545 21 32 on it.

OP
O

OZE1

Reaction score
The VIN is WDB1240312B660239

jibcl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500,ML55,SLK280
The small round plug has a part no. of 015 545 68 28, with a larger "3" on it.

This is the coil pack.

The module (square box) has 012 545 21 32 on it.
Ignition module computer shows only one part available

jibcl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500,ML55,SLK280
The alignment plugs for KE-injection and ignition system the “old” engines M102 (200 and 230) and M103 (260 and 300) have an KE-injection and an electronic ignition. Both systems do not have a connection with one another, how this is with a Motronic the case, but work to a certain extent next to each other ago. They are supplied of a few sensors with input data, whereby the sensors are partly doubly present. Both plants have one alignment plug each, with which different operating conditions can be stopped. Everyone undertakes changes in the attitude made by the factory on own risk! Hünkar wrote in its contribution of 07.02.2002: The plug sits (from the front regarded into the engine compartment) somewhere directly behind the battery beside the controllers. Label in knows: KE, numbers of 1 to 7. This plug serves as coding plug for the KE-fuel injection system. Thus can one would separate mixture characteristic diagrams (1 to 7) for different objections (e.g. high consumption in the partial load range,) call bad fuel intake up, etc. In the original state the plug on position 1 is verplombt and - speak, it is not intended that one changes something here in self-direction. The second - and also more interesting - plug is for the ignition system. It is intended for an adjustment of ignition to the fuel quality, whereby one assumed constructionally the ZZP is to be adapted Oktan or super to worse fuel, than lead free with in D at that time available the super with 98 with 95 Oktan. Hünkar continues to write: Depending upon that whether the car has KAT or not, is the inscription and place of the plug differently. If the car does not have KAT, this plug sits equal beside the plug KE behind the battery and has the label in white: EZL and the numbers of 1 to 7. In the original state this plug is on position 1, one likewise can however the ZZP in each case per slot around (I believe) 2Grad toward “late” adjust, if one e.g. abroad normal force material to refuel must or the engine rings. If the car has a KAT, the plug sits directly on (from the front seen) the right side beside the brake booster. The label in green reads: EZL-KAT (see picture - is here unfortunately missing). Superfuel is therefore with me on position 4, I drives however already rather for a long time with position 1 and Optimax, thus maximum spark advance (which goes attitude-technically) and states the fact that the car pulls better than in former times with the original attitude (in addition, can be only fancy). Mercedes had not any longer planned thus a quite simple possibility of adapting ignition by shifting of the coding plug to worse fuel quality adjusting the ZZPes at the distributor is possible. There were so-called. Call vehicles, which could be transformed by using the catalyst and the appropriate alignment plug (as well as a few further little things) into adequate KAT vehicles. Since the lead free super with 95 Oktan exhibited less anti-knock quality, as that at that time “normal” super with 98 Oktan, was taken back ignition with the KAT vehicle opposite without catalyst around 4 slots, according to 8° Kurbelwinkel. Later ignition and the higher exhaust counter-pressure by the Kat explain the less achievement of the Kat engines opposite those without Kat. Since then Shell at large expenditure the product Shell Optimax introduced and the other mineral oil companies with similarly high-quality super plus fuels pulled tight, gives it the consideration to use this fuel in the KAT vehicles and to adjust the ZZP the value, which was intended without catalyst with those. After by the adjustment the ZZP power loss developed late should be able to be adjusted thereby… The opinions over sense and purpose of this “Chiptunings” go apart. The one parliamentary group means simple that driving with 99 is dangerous Oktan and EZL KAT plug on “1” or “2”, of the

Myros

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R107, S211, R170, C219
Impressed

I thought I was doing well to work out it referred to the ignition system.
Do you do this professionally?

jibcl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500,ML55,SLK280
I read it in one window in word and typed in another.

jib

Myros

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R107, S211, R170, C219
I worked out

it was "N" for premium and "S" for Super. The previous owner of our TE had it the wrong way around, as he did what the Haynes manual said Haynes of course had it backasswards.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom