311 Sprinter engine running problem

roland cad 500

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Morning

Have been reading a lot of the threads on here, regarding running fuel related problems. Just wonder whether you guys, could shed some light for me.

Last lot of snow, the van would not start in the morning, although it was turning over freely. Battery was deamed bad, so was replaced. Next bit to go was an injector, that was replaced.

That was last lot of snow.

Now this bout of cold mornings, started with me having to bump start my van, down the road. Bit heavy but managed it. It ran fine for the rest of the day.

Yesterday came out, expecting to have to start the van in the same way. Tried that, no go. So i ended up phoning a motoring organisation, they came out. Checked it, said it was the glow plugs, bit of easy start job done. I was on my way.

Later on yesterday, went to sort some work out, came out same thing again. There was a mechanics workshop there, so just asked him for a bit of advice.

After listening to it trying to start, he said" not the glow plugs mate" and wandered off.

So iwas left to call the breakdown club again.

They came out, i told the guy what the other one had done this morning, to get me going. He Said "ok we will do the same". Got me up and running.

On my way home, i was an A road doing the speed limit, it changed to a faster limit, so i put my foot down in 4th, pulled like a train. Just getting up to the speed limit, it died, forcing me to coast to a halt, on the hard shoulder.

Called the breakdown service again, they came out to me again.

While i was waiting, had a look through the book, to discover, it could be the fuel filter.

Had one at home, so managed to get the nice chap, to take me home to get it.

Changed this, but was still unable to restart the van.

Any Ideas guys?

Many Thanks Roland

ntomkins

Reaction score
i'm sure you have fiqured out your problem by now, but for anyone else that may have a similar problem with the engine not starting after a fuel filter change:

I just read a post on a US site, the guy had the same problem that was solved by filling the fuel filter with diesel. this did the trick for him. I guess air gets in and it won't start?

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom