320 clk spark plug change diy??

Thanh55

Reaction score
Hello Experts! ;)

Im quite new and I got CLK 320 petrol but I don't know w209 or 208 but really help if I could have info about change those sparksplugs. Many thanks for your help.

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I have sent it to you:D:D

Hatto

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Freelander XEDi, CLK320 Convertible, BMW 520d, Ford KA, Mondeo, Frontera, XR2, Saab 96
W208 clk320

Malcolm, could you please send me the papers on changing the spark plugs on the above. I would be very grateful. andyhatton@hotmail.com

2002 vintage

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have sent it,,do not pull the plug caps off,, use a cranked 17mm spanner and lever off across the top of the head cover

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Why? What happens?

Most folk just pull,,the caps are on tight,,the cap comes of with a jerk and you can end up pulling the wire out of the coil pack, a very expensive mistake

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
IMO, an air driven ratchet is the tool for this job. The spark plug threads are often dry and uncomfortable with a hand ratchet.

(In My Opinion only - I take no responsibility if you break anything...)

rozel

Reaction score
Malcolm, could you please send me the papers on changing the spark plugs on a Mercedes CLK 320 Cabriolet first Registered 01.09.2002 - W208.

Email addy is: -

Hope you can help

Thanks in anticipation.

Paul

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Details sent to you,,you still have time to remove the address

rozel

Reaction score
Cheers guys.

My Stealership has quoted me £880 for it's B Service this month (59 days overdue) - I am insisting they honour a leaflet they sent me for £319 for the standard service - the remainder they say is for Spark Plugs (£300), Fuel and Air Filters, and a change of Brake Fluid - I am awaiting a full breakdown - god willing they will not find anything else pre M.O.T. which I have "free for life".

My car (CLK 320 Cabriolet - Avantgarde) is a "Sunday Car" - I've had since August 2004, it was first registered on 01.09.2002 (W208 model) So far it has covered around 41,000 miles - so appx 6000 mls a year.

Think I will attempt to change the Spark Plugs myself - are the fuel and air filters easy too? Would appreciate some info on these items also if possible.

I believe the Brake Fluid was changed about 1 to 2 years ago so I do not think this is necessary at this time :) Perhaps someone could steer me in the right direction please?

Also, where can I easily find the part numbers for my vehicle and where should I buy all the bits online? I think I have the Spark Plug numbers -but should I stick with MB supplied plugs?

Regards

Paul

Last edited:

rozel

Reaction score
Hi again

Yesterday I had a very long discussion with my Dealership - they are trying to accomodate me despite the high cost of the Service. They quoted me, in actual fact, having now read the full breakdown, £1042 incl vat.

Of this the B Service comes to £484, incl vat, the additional items (plugs, air and oil filters) - labour only £333, incl vat - the rest is the cost of parts for the additional items.

I have told them that I am not willing to pay the labour costs and that they must honour the cost of the B Service as advertised in a brochure they sent me recently - £319 all in, incl vat. My target is for them to do everything for no more than £544 incl vat.

My issue is, however, that I have asked them to check over some corrosion on the car, particularly rear wheel arch corrosion. My bodywork warranty expires on 31st August 2010 (after 8 years) and if they do not "stamp" my service book, then Mercedes will not honour any bodywork correction at their expense. They have already told me that if I do not have the additional items carried out by them in addition to the actual B Service, they will not stamp my book. I told them this is rather "sharkish" and not acceptable.

The guy at the garage is really trying his best for me and at this moment in time I am awaiting his response. The Dealership has always given me excellent customer help, support and service and they have always dealt with me on a highly porofessional level, so I am seriously hoping they will meet my target price.

Thoughts anyone? Is this normal practice? I would have thought that if the additional items are outside the main B Service, then it doesn't matter who does the work and that my Service Book should be stamped after carrying out the B Service work alone. I have already authorised them to undertake the B Service and carry out the M.O.T.

Obviously I am mindful about the corrosion work - this problem is apparently very common on these pre-galvanised cars.

Thanks in anticipation

Paul

rozel

Reaction score
Hi Jet

Well things were such that the work regarding the Spark Plugs was left with the Company together with all items relating to the B Service. This was because the picture regarding the corrosion work turned out to be a very long story!

If you are interested take a read at my thread at: -

http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/showthread.php?t=69966

The Dealership have been very accomodating with me and have sorted things out completely - I am full of admiration about them.

Hopefully I collect my car tomorrow all nicely sorted and gleaming :) :)

Paul

G

Gary McKay

Olly0937

Hello from Wellington New Zealand.

My car is a NZ new CLK320 -year 2000.

I wish to change the spark plugs and wonder if someone might be able to email a how to sheet ?

The car has 82000 km from new and is probably on its original plugs,wires and coils.

Thankyou.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hello from Wellington New Zealand.

My car is a NZ new CLK320 -year 2000.

I wish to change the spark plugs and wonder if someone might be able to email a how to sheet ?

The car has 82000 km from new and is probably on its original plugs,wires and coils.

Thankyou.

I can send you the info

pshey54

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Clk230/2001/2.3
Hi
I am new to this forum, could any body please send me an instruction for changing spark plug for clk 230 2001 cabriolet please
Many Thanks

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I can send some details for the 111 engine that yours has

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom