320 v6 CDI air sensor

ldare

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 270ML Inspiration / 2007 R320 Sport
hi
I have a 2007 W251 R320 which i think is the same really as an ML320 and GL320 under the hood.

It started to feel quite lumpy and the exhaust quite dirty so had a good look over the air intake and pipes.

I noticed a sensor and it's pipe wasnt wasn't sat right and lots of mosture...bingo.

However Im not sure if it is going to pop out again? It just pushes in with a red gasket, doesnt seem to be a clip? Should there be? Should it be held tight or just pushed in?

Hopefully my photos identify what I have pushed back in.

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    353.7 KB · Views: 34
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    269.1 KB · Views: 29
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    374.9 KB · Views: 31

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
The area is always oily. The red rubber bit does have a tendency to walk out again unless it is scrupulously dried of oil residue and its hole in the hard plastic cleaned and dried too. The bit that pushes into the middle of the red rubber seal is barbed, and a bit of oil helps that push in, and that part won't walk out again.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Yip just a push fit tail so needs to be cleaned off thoroughly

OP
L

ldare

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
All cleaned up. Does it matter what order they go back? Ie rubber on sensor and push in the hole or put the rubber in the hole and push the sensor in?

Cheers

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
I always put the rubber in the hole first. It has a little notch and cutout to align.

OP
L

ldare

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I always put the rubber in the hole first. It has a little notch and cutout to align.
Hi
Thanks, I picked up a new one for £4 from main dealer so will fit as you recommend this week.

Ta

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom