5G Grearbox Noise

tristand

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E250 CDI (C207) 2009
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has experienced noise from their 5G(722.6) transmission?

The noise occurs when stationary in Drive and reverse, but way more noticeable when in reverse. The best description of it is a Rattly-Squeaky noise but not very high pitched. There also seems to be a slight vibration but barely noticeable. This is on a CLK(C209) 2006. I know this isn't normal as my daily drive is a E250 with the same transmission, 5G and I don't experience theses problems.

I'm wondering is it a clutch issue, the ATF might need changing or something worse?

The car was recently purchased second hand with a warranty on the engine and gearbox, so would like to get this sorted before the problem get any worse.

Thanks, and advice would be very welcome.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Get some one to look at it, hopefully some one will come on with some one near you.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Frankly I'd go to your warranty approved garage and have them look at it. At least then its recorded as an issue with the warranty company so you're in a better place if there's a subsequent dispute.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom