6 disc CD player

Flyinspanner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK320-A209 (sold CL500 & W168)
Hi

The CD player is having issues, will play fine, then randomly stop between tracks, then decide that there is no CD or no magazine.

Ejecting the magazine, then reinstalling gets it running again, I’ve used a different magazine and get same result.

So I’m left guessing that maybe a microswitch which senses the magazine in place?

Has anyone had/fixed same issue?
(Bet Television would know :( )

Or does anyone have a circa 2001/2 D2B 6 cd changer going spare/cheap?

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Mine (same era) had spurious issues - removed cassette and cleaned/vacuumed it out and no more issues - worth a try.

Re above, I vacuumed the main unit out just be clear, not just the cassette. Little wonder I had issues with mine it sits in the rear wheel well on the 210 one of the most neglected areas of the car

Last edited:

Westheath

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Empty garage, awaiting new toy :)
Hi

The CD player is having issues, will play fine, then randomly stop between tracks, then decide that there is no CD or no magazine.

Ejecting the magazine, then reinstalling gets it running again, I’ve used a different magazine and get same result.

So I’m left guessing that maybe a microswitch which senses the magazine in place?

Has anyone had/fixed same issue?
(Bet Television would know :( )

Or does anyone have a circa 2001/2 D2B 6 cd changer going spare/cheap?

I use a can of compressed air in and around the mechanism/switches and whatever is reachable.
Also...............
Use a CD cleaning disc, follow instructions regarding using any fluids on the cleaning surfaces of the disc.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom