7g electroplate - TCU included?

traffic0703

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W205 C220d amg line premium 2017
Does a replacement electroplate come with the TCU included?

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
Yes it does.

OP
T

traffic0703

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mine has failed again after just one year - main dealer did it last July with new oil and filter etc.

Could there be an underlying cause for that to happen or just a bad one and unlucky?

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Might it be the wiring between the TCU and the valve body Ian? Just wondering as the op is why it should fail again so quickly? Seems odd

star

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
the valves sit in the electro plate/tcu and is then attached to the valve chest. Haven't seen original problem? Link?

KeithJG

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C320CDI Sport Edition S203 2006 V6 7g
mine has failed again after just one year - main dealer did it last July with new oil and filter etc.

Could there be an underlying cause for that to happen or just a bad one and unlucky?

I had my valve body and TCU replaced some 16months ago and all is ok.....i would check with your main dealer as mine was guaranteed for 2yrs??

bob 6600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
MB will give you 2 years on the parts and if they did the labour, shouldn't be a problem

OP
T

traffic0703

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
OP
T

traffic0703

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
When car went to dealer they said that the 0722 fault code "output sensor not available" was not stored in the ECU.

They kept car for a while trying to get it to fault but it would not and they showed me a clear STAR report. So no work done.

Last night car would not change down on acceleration - engine just laboured - gearbox worked ok manually.

Called Mobilo back out and the 0722 fault code "output sensor not available" was showing as stored again.

He showed me some strange readings - the gearbox oil was showing as minus -50 degrees and voltage 3 volts - I think this was when he went into that fault code. Nothing else on STAR showing as relevant.

Gearbox still faulting as above this morning.

Dealer will have to re look but do not understand why the fault code was not there first time as per the MOBILO report?

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
garage sounds lazy or incompetent

P0720 Output Speed Sensor Circuit Malfunction Powertrain
P0721 Output Speed Sensor Range/Performance Powertrain
P0722 Output Speed Sensor No Signal Powertrain
P0723 Output Speed Sensor Intermittent Powertrain

common error codes on electroplate

0613 Component Y3/8n4 (Fully integrated transmission control (VGS) control unit) is defective
0641 Component Y3/8n4 (Fully integrated transmission control (VGS) control unit) is defective
0642 The voltage supply of the speed sensors is faulty. (Undervoltage)
0705 Component Y3/8s1 (Selection range sensor (VGS)) is defective
0706 Check component Y3/8s1 (Selection range sensor (VGS))
0717 The signal from component Y3/8n1 (Turbine speed sensor (VGS)) is not available
0718 Component Y3/8n1 (Turbine speed sensor (VGS)) is defective
0722 The signal from component Y3/8n3 (Output speed sensor (VGS)) is not available
0723 Component Y3/8n3 (Output speed sensor (VGS)) is defective
0748 The internal electrical check of component Y3/8y2 (K1 clutch control solenoid valve (VGS)) has failed
0778 The internal electrical check of component Y3/8y5 (B1 brake control solenoid valve (VGS)) has failed
0798 The internal electrical check of component Y3/8y7 (B3 brake control solenoid valve (VGS)) has failed
2216 Check component Y3/8s1 (Selection range sensor (VGS)) The adaptation sequence occurred outside the valid range
2716 The internal electrical check of component Y3/8y4 (K3 clutch control solenoid valve (VGS)) has failed
2725 The internal electrical check of component Y3/8y6 (B2 brake control solenoid valve (VGS)) has failed
2734 The internal electrical check of component Y3/8y3 (K2 clutch control solenoid valve (VGS)) has failed
2759 The internal electrical check of component Y3/8y8 (Torque converter lockup clutch control solenoid valve (VGS)) has failed
2766 Excessive rpms have occurred at component Y3/8n2 (Internal speed sensor (VGS))
2767 The signal from component Y3/8n2 (Internal speed sensor (VGS)) is not available
2768 Component Y3/8n2 (Internal speed sensor (VGS)) is defective
2810 The internal electrical check of component Y3/8y1 (Working pressure control solenoid valve (VGS)) has failed

Last edited:
OP
T

traffic0703

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks Botus.

My output signal is unavailable. Is the normal remedy for this recurring situation to replace the electroplate??

Could code 0722 be caused by any other issue acting on the electrolate/ecu meaning the electroplate itself is not at fault??

(my electroplate was replaced by the main dealer 1 year ago so under warranty)

On STAR, the mobile tech showed me that if you have 0722 output sensor not available, STAR says to erase and ignore the fault.

I do not understand that bit. We have effectively already done that, the code has come back in and the gearbox is also not functioning correctly.

I showed the Mobilo guy the dealer's STAR report printout from a few weeks ago which showed no faults stored for gearbox and he queried why the car seems to have been tested with the engine off. The voltage at the top of the test shows 11.3 volts. On a 2nd test run later the voltage shows over 14 volts.

Last edited:

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
The voltage at the top of the test shows 11.3 volts. On a 2nd test run later the voltage shows over 14 volts.

you can't do all tests with the engine running....

I think you are supposed to most diagnostic testing with the engine off AND a power supply to keep volts in the right place! many don't as its a quick bodge to help keep volts up.

I bet first test was off, hence low voltage reading and if so they are idiots as these cars won't do or read anything sensible if the voltage is under 12.3 v

clearing a fault isn't a fix... but its good way to see if its a one off wobble / low voltage issue or a proper error that keeps coming back. if it comes straight back and the voltage was always above 12.5 v there's a fault you need to resolve

fault codes are not idiot proof, its a guide as to what's wrong. experience, knowledge, methodical fault finding and a loads of spare parts to swap out are sometimes needed.

If the box is driving odd and you have warranty take it back and pick it up when they have resolved it... and have a moan to merc big boys

Last edited:

star

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Some tests HAVE to be done with the engine running, so not a bodge. Low voltage is more critical.

OP
T

traffic0703

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The dealer have taken the gearbox sump off and found that I have excess play in one of the gearbox shafts. The fault code 0722 output speed sensor not available is showing as a stored fault.

They are stating that the problem is due to the excess movement in the shaft which contains the "pick up". They have told me that a new gearbox is required. I do not have figures yet but it seems to me that a repair of this nature is not economic and will be more than the car is worth. Anyone got any other ideas on this? It is a great shame as the car is way too nice to write off.

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
never had one out and not claiming to be an expert on these boxes,

but never heard that one before, sounds like they are just looking for an excuse not to do it under warranty
how many miles and how often was the gearbox oil changed.

if the answer was 200k miles and it never had an oil change (till last year's fault), I'd hesitate to say they are lying cheats (for a few seconds)

check will the indy in Bristol, if he's never heard of it they are lying

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
never had one out and not claiming to be an expert on these boxes,

but never heard that one before, sounds like they are just looking for an excuse not to do it under warranty
how many miles and how often was the gearbox oil changed.

if the answer was 200k miles and it never had an oil change (till last year's fault), I'd hesitate to say they are lying cheats (for a few seconds)

check will the indy in Bristol, Steve@Avantgarde, if he's never heard of it they are lying

OP
T

traffic0703

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
car has done 102,000 miles. Gear box oil changed at 37K and last year at about 95K when the electroplate was changed. Is it very rare for the box itself to fail? Is the gearbox separate from the valve body?

Last edited:

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom