`87 124 rotary light switch probs.

balamig80

Reaction score
Website
www.noonandrums.com
Its been foggy around the holy city lately,so tonight i decided to turn on my FOG lights.(When i found out how by looking in th `book`) So pull the switch out ONCE the two FRONT lights came on. Pull the switch out AGAIN to turn the back lights on,nothing seemed to happen,untill the switch came out in my hand !! and on the way out,the little bulb in the middle of the switch came ON then quickly went OFF !!...Push the knob back on.. NOTHING !. No front fog lights,no back fog lights, no little red light in the centre of the switch??.Is there a fuse that could have blown ??,do i need to change the little red lamp in the switch ??, does the switch has a history of failure ??..Any ideas ??!!..Thanks in anticipation .:)

Bolide

Reaction score
Website
www.w124.co.uk
Your Mercedes
BMW 525 Diesel Touring
Fog light switch

This is a pretty normal occurence. Pull the switch out again and go poking round the fusebox for the relevant fuse and the fogs will, most likely, spring into life. You don't say what he car is but older Mercs with ceramic fuses suffer from corroded fuses & holders. A Scotchbrite pad is a good way to clean them

The knob will have a metal clip inside to grip the shaft. If it or the plastic centre are broken I'm sure a breaker or dealer can supply a replacement

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

george shand

Banned
Reaction score
Rotary light switch.

Regarding the bulb which lights up when your rear fogs are on; it is just a mini capless bulb 12v/ 1.5 or 2 watts, the orange part is just the lens in middle of the switch.The bulb pushes into a socket in the middle of the switch shaft.
Cheers, George.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom