anyweb

Reaction score
Website
www.niallbrady.com
Your Mercedes
c238,w120 (diesel)
yo Malcolm (television)

what do they call 'waxoil' in Sweden ?

and totally off topic, well not quite, but how do you deal with rust inside your boot, as I have found quite a bit there...

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hi Anyweb, here is a link to a Swedish site
http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/bil/story/0,2789,656610,00.html

Can your good lady translate for you, I think its called dinatrol, but it is good but a little bit on the runny side. if you are stuck I will get some more info.

To do a search in Sweden = bil röst behandling.

Malcolm

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
malcolm210 said:
Hi Malcolm, nice photo. I treat my brake discs to a paint job as you do. If you have a nice set of alloys with large open spokes it makes all the difference.

On the subject of 129s, I saw a beauty for sale the other day at an indy near Birmingham. A 320SL on an S plate in silver with 23K and it looked immaculate for 14K, what a buy. I'm not in the market for one but it was hard to walk away.

The reason for the trip to Brummy was that the EIS system on my E class has just about failed and the Indy I used for a diagnosis has quoted £400 + vat for a replacement EIS module which will be done in 2 weeks time. Fingers crossed it solves the problem and I will post the outcome.
Hello Malcolm, Yes sometimes I wonder why dealers do not paint the drums/disc on the expensive cars that they sell, as you say with the open wheels the rust looks awful.

The 129's are super buys now , and there is plenty of them out there, its a buyers market, big problem is the gap between the 129 and the 230 there is almost a £18k hole with nothing. I got to know my 129 very well.
'
Re your switch, sorry it went, if you do not want the old one, I would love to take it to pieces and see why it failed.

Regards Malcolm

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Malcolm,
Hopefully the new switch will solve the problem, if so, I will send you the old switch.

Regards
Malcolm

ennio

Reaction score
Malcolm (television), a question for you please. You have said:

television said:
People abroad seem more aware of cleaning the under sides of their cars, I have posted before that you hire a 4 post lift and presure washer for about £5 per hour.

Where would I look to find a 4 post lift plus washer for hire?

Thanks
Andrew

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ennio said:
Malcolm (television), a question for you please. You have said:

Where would I look to find a 4 post lift plus washer for hire?

Thanks
Andrew
Sorry Andrew, its my lousy writting, I only know of this service in Scandanavian countries. It was tried here back in the 60's, but it did not work as there were only 2 or three lifts for hire, As they had to be booked by fixed times, and car repairs do not always go to plan.
Are we very backwards here on this front, or is it that not many people in the UK do not want to clean the underside or fit a new exhaust themselves.
The system works well over there as they all have around 10 lifts, and you do not have to book, just drive in.

Malcolm

Top Bottom