A Class sunroof playing up

Weekenda

New Registration
Reaction score
Has anyone had problems with their sunroof (louvred type on the A Class)?
Mine won't open at all - last time it did it seemed to go askew and I had to push it by hand to get it to close again.:-( Is there any access to the mechanism to investigate the cause without removing the roof lining?:confused:

MercuryA160

New Registration
Reaction score
Sunroof

I've just come back a MB garage with a quote for £1,900 to fix the exact problem you are describing.

Does anyone know how to get it fixed any cheaper?

mshunt

Reaction score
I've just come back a MB garage with a quote for £1,900 to fix the exact problem you are describing.

Does anyone know how to get it fixed any cheaper?
Ditto A Class sunroof - did either of you get this sorted for less than the value of secound hand car?

frank133

Reaction score
sunroof

sorry to hear about your sunroof,i would think the only option is to remove the head lining,it takes ages i done mine last year on a 190e,to replace the cable it took a few days so i drove around with the headlining rolled back to the rear window its started to go funny again now so i am going to change it for a manual one out of a J reg 190e i have just bought should be easy now i know were all the screws are hidden if i remember,there is no way i would pay that sort of money to a dealer bearing in mind its nearly all labour charges.frank

Top Bottom