A Class W169 - Front facelift DIY

Kambo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A Class W169 05 A200
I tried a search but couldn’t find anything.

Has anyone here (there must be someone) who has done the front end facelift on the earlier W169 shape?

I’ve got an 05 with the full spec I wanted but spent quite some time looking for it and it came around in the earlier shape, I do prefer the facelift front so took a gamble it could be done. From what I can see you only need the post 08 headlights, grille and bumper. Can anybody confirm.

The bonnet and side wing lines seem the same so it can only be the bottom of the headlight hence needing the bumper. The actual fixing points on the side of the bumper (to the wing) look the same but is all the other mounting points and electrical connections a straight plug and play?

Thanks

Jdokal

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes
Hi Kambo,

Ordinarily, it should be a straight swap - although, if you post some pictures up, i'm happy to take some pictures from our face-lift W169?

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
You need @GLK to answer that. He has done everything possible (and some things impossible) to his 169! ;)

OP
K

Kambo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A Class W169 05 A200
Ok thanks for the offer, is appreciated

Yeah I've looked at various pics of both lights and bumpers so came to the above conclusion. Like you say it should realistically fit

Thanks, I'll PM @GLK

vict19582003

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 W169 A200
I tried a search but couldn’t find anything.

Has anyone here (there must be someone) who has done the front end facelift on the earlier W169 shape?

I’ve got an 05 with the full spec I wanted but spent quite some time looking for it and it came around in the earlier shape, I do prefer the facelift front so took a gamble it could be done. From what I can see you only need the post 08 headlights, grille and bumper. Can anybody confirm.

The bonnet and side wing lines seem the same so it can only be the bottom of the headlight hence needing the bumper. The actual fixing points on the side of the bumper (to the wing) look the same but is all the other mounting points and electrical connections a straight plug and play?

Thanks
hi..i've just found your post regarding modifying a W169 to FL front end looks. I got a 2005 A200 and would like to do the same. I wonder if you'll be kind enough to share your experience...any photos?Thanks in advance.
Victor

Top Bottom