A couple of newbie questions

jamesbrew

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
320 clk/2003/3.2 v6
1. I bought a 2003 CLK 320 with a beige leather interior. The car came with a mobile phone installation screwed into the dash of the car. (see image). Two big screws were used to attach the hand set to the car dash I want to replace the piece of trim thats been damaged. Anybody know where the best place to source this spare?

2. The radio reception is pretty bad, it only picks up really strong signals and can't find the rest. Any idea why that is?

3. The A/C isn't cold...just normal temp. Why would that be?

4. Whats the simplest way to set up bluetooth for an iphone? The car has a cd player in the glovebox. I thought I could use the existing wiring there to set some thing up.

Thanks in advance upload gambar

Last edited:

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
1. I bought a 2003 CLK 320 with a beige leather interior. The car came with a mobile phone installation screwed into the dash of the car. (see image). Two big screws were used to attach the hand set to the car dash I want to replace the piece of trim thats been damaged. Anybody know where the best place to source this spare?

That is a big piece of trim, look online for a company that repairs them, they will be able to do it so you never knew it was there

2. The radio reception is pretty bad, it only picks up really strong signals and can't find the rest. Any idea why that is?

Television is the man for this

3. The A/C isn't cold...just normal temp. Why would that be?

Probably needs re-gassing

4. Whats the simplest way to set up bluetooth for an iphone? The car has a cd player in the glovebox. I thought I could use the existing wiring there to set some thing up.

Difficult, personally I would ditch the Audio 10 setup for a double din setup like this which will give you all the connectivity you need

http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/showthread.php?p=1426011#post1426011

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
A breaker would be the best option for the console.

Does the alarm siren work, do check fuse 8 in the boot to see if it has blown, this can cause bad radio reception.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Does the radio feed run through the OCP? If so do the dome lamps and sunroof (if fitted) work?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The antenna could run through the OCP, I would need to check

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom