OP
television

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Flying Scot said:
Log On To Spot Speed Cameras Drivers are being told by email where speed cameras are lurking. The free service lists the location of every yellow box, and update messages are sent when new devices appear.

The system has been set up by the group that runs cameras in Avon and Somerset. "We want to get the information to as many people as possible to encourage them to observe local speed limits," said a spokesman. Sign up at the www.safecam.org.uk site.
Thank you, you are a gem

Malcolm

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
television said:
when it does go wrong Ouch, very little that I can do, cant even change the brake pads.

malcolm
Might be interesting to get a ServicePlus quote? Although I gather MB recently increased the prices.

Congrats, by the way.

psmart

Reaction score
Rory said:
Might be interesting to get a ServicePlus quote? Although I gather MB recently increased the prices.

Congrats, by the way.
Very nice car Malcolm, surely your going to have a tinker with the electronics now, dont you feel the urge to find out how it all works :D

OP
television

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Rory said:

Congrats, by the way.
What is a service plus Rory.

malcolm

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
television said:
What is a service plus Rory.

malcolm
Hopefully the link will work http://tinyurl.com/l9nmg

It's service plus repairs (of anything that *wears* out), plus MOT. Been extensively discussed on 'the other' forum, where some people seem convinced (having spoken to MB) that it's as good as an extended warranty. Cost is similar to the warranty, so the belief is that they're getting service plus repairs for free. Not sure it'll work out like that (I'm dubious a broken auto box, for example, will be classed as having worn out) but we'll see.

It's limited to 6yrs old though, so perhaps has limited usefullness to you?

OP
television

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
psmart said:
Very nice car Malcolm, surely your going to have a tinker with the electronics now, dont you feel the urge to find out how it all works :D

If you really want to know it scares me to death, but they never go wrong do they :rolleyes:

Malcolm

psmart

Reaction score
television said:
If you really want to know it scares me to death, but they never go wrong do they :rolleyes:

Malcolm
I hope not Malcolm, I really do. BUT, should you have a problem, like the windscreen wipers needing replacing, Im sure we can all help... I think :-D

Mines all ship shape, ready to rocket down to Austria (only 120mph unfortunately, dare not re-flash the faster engine program), but I think, after stripping her down, she's more well built than problematic. Just to be sure though, Ill take my toolkit and a hawk20 'Power of Positive Thinking Book' :rolleyes:

Next time you go to Sweden, detour via the Autobahns and let rip, roof down and take a photo for us all :-D

Last edited:
OP
television

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
psmart said:
I hope not Malcolm, I really do. BUT, should you have a problem, like the windscreen wipers needing replacing, Im sure we can all help... I think :-D

Mines all ship shape, ready to rocket down to Austria (only 120mph unfortunately, dare not re-flash the faster engine program), but I think, after stripping her down, she's more well built than problematic. Just to be sure though, Ill take my toolkit and a hawk20 'Power of Positive Thinking Book' :rolleyes:

Next time you go to Sweden, detour via the Autobahns and let rip, roof down and take a photo for us all :-D
Maybe one day I will do some mods, but I don't think that there are many around for this car.
Re Germany I was invited to the Polish border by a nice lady, but I went to Sweden instead, next time I will drive up through Holland and Germany, the cost of the ferry was £650 plus the other ferries that's more than £700.

Davids SL let me have a super video of his car doing the 0-100 very impressive it was too.

Malcolm

OP
television

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Came home tonight and had a message on my answer phone from the guy who sold the SL that I had areed to buy 2 weeks ago, he said that the man who offered him more money for it, has not come back, and would I still like to buy it, I said that I would think about it. I cant stop laughing about it, it has made my day.

Malcolm

Flying Scot

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 R129 1995
television said:
Came home tonight and had a message on my answer phone from the guy who sold the SL that I had areed to buy 2 weeks ago, he said that the man who offered him more money for it, has not come back, and would I still like to buy it, I said that I would think about it. I cant stop laughing about it, it has made my day.

Malcolm

well how interesting and what a shame for him your phone is not working - sweet retribution - maybe you should go and look at in again your new car :rolleyes:

andrewheaney

Banned
Reaction score
Flying Scot said:
well how interesting and what a shame for him your phone is not working - sweet retribution - maybe you should go and look at in again your new car :rolleyes:

That is a plan - a top plan!

I am new around here, but your new car is surely the envy of the site. As they say back home in belfast, "health to drive her, and keep her between the hedges."

Andrew

Myros

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R107, S211, R170, C219
Nice motor Malcolm

I'm happy to have had a small part in influencing your decision. Does the wind in your hair feel better in this one or the last one?

OP
television

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Myros said:
I'm happy to have had a small part in influencing your decision. Does the wind in your hair feel better in this one or the last one?
I dont know yet as I don't get it till thursday, not to worried about the hair, most of its gone with just the though of buying it.

Malcolm

rajinder_1

Reaction score
Malcom,
sorry for the belated congratulations, i looked at at the pics today at work and i had a big smile on my face. I am really happy for you Malc and you deserve to have such a gorgeous car. You have worked hard and now its time to play hard...

Congratulations again, i hope you get the most out of the dribs and drabs of sun we are still getting.

Raj

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
television said:
Did the 500 mile round trip to Liverpool today, and its mine,the list of the extra's contains everything other than a glass roof. Its got

Linguarrnic
Parking Aid
Distronic
Garage door opener
Command
Tyre presure monitor
Folding mirrors
AMG styling bumpers, side skirts and Wheels
Bose surround sound
CD changer
Television
Ketless Go
Fire extinguisher
Exclusive leather
Comfort seat with Massage
Multi conture seats
ABC suspension
Motronic

15k miles and not the slightest mark other than a little corrosion on 2 wheels
They let me bring all the papers and books home, the nicest car I could ever dreamed of owning :D Malcolm

Lovely lovely car and a fantastic spec too.

BTW, I thoroughly recommend Startech in Poole. Top class guys with a whole lot of experience.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom