A little problem..any opinion welcome!

smithydogg

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c220 avantgarde/2006/cdi
My 2006 (56) c220 cdi auto has 51,000 miles, all services upto from the dealer and no problems until yesterday.

Driving home and after 5 miles I noticed the revs when i took my foot off the accelerator dropped sharp to idle speed at around 40 mph, I didn't really notice much else but thought it was odd - the journey was nearly completed when i pulled into a side to turn around and the auto box wouldn't engage reverse, i pulled the stick back into drive and nothing. I turned the engine off and restarted it was fine.

This morning I did the same journey to work and nothing the revs held, gear shift was fine etc...

Tonight everything was fine on the way home when I noticed the engine temp was at 50o after only 4 miles and the revs started dropping when off the accelerator, at traffic lights it was a little sluggish to pull away as if in the wrong gear and again when I came to park up it wouldn'tr engage reverese or drive - this time I wnet into neutral blippped the accelerator and then it went into reverse...the temp was also now at 60o....??

Just to help me sleep any ideas before it go into the garage??

Thanks in advance Al.

rapide

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1997 E230 (no rust) 2016 volvo xc60 r/design. se. lux. nav.
lack of gears etc

Hi i take that the car normally runs at 80/90 degrees. so is the stat faulty as for the other faults you will have to get it put on a star machine to read the codes to translate the faults, is there a good indie near you with star, someone on here will know or should come up with suggestions for your probs!

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom