A160

zackyboy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
a170
Hi, I have just purchased a a160 diesel. On driving it back I noticed a bas and esp message on the dash. the car does not seem to have a lot of power and was very laboured uphill. It did not seem to want to go over 2000rpm and 65mph.
I was informed that the power steering sometimes stops working but on travelling 40 miles, it worked very infrequently. The previous owner had a new pump from a mercedes garage fitted but this did not correct it.

As you can probably tell, I know very little about cars but I am worried that I will be damaging the car if I drive it.

I am reluctant to take it to a dealership as my wife is the only other person who I like to 'have my pants down'.

Oh, there is a srs message on the dash also.

Kyliewww

Reaction score
Website
www.dead-ringer.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Astra 'H' CDTi; '89 MK2 Orion 'Ghia'
Sounds like you need to get the faults read and looked into.

Re. power steering, if it's had a new motor (it's an electric set-up) then hopefully there might be some guarantee with that; Do you have any receipts?

jumperjohn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S211 E500 5.5 V8
HI,

Sorry about your purchase, I hope that you get it sorted out.

I have just had these symptoms, ABS / ESP and SRS warning lights, albeit on an E Class. It turned out to be no more than a faulty horn, you car needs to go on a STAR reader to determine the fault, it could be quite simple to fix!

Top Bottom