A190 2nd gear crunch!!!

Notley

Reaction score
Hello to all. My A190 has developed a crunch when changing into second gear on its semi auto box. All the other gears work fine. HELP!!!

mattkh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 W168 1999 1.6
gear crunch

Hello to all. My A190 has developed a crunch when changing into second gear on its semi auto box. All the other gears work fine. HELP!!!

Hi

What is the mileage ?
Can you see any gear change linkages ?

OP
N

Notley

Reaction score
The milage is 68k. Do you think it could be the gear change linkage? I will have a look tomorrow to see if I can see them

OP
N

Notley

Reaction score
Does anyone think pressing the two orange buttons at the base of the gear stick will help?

Micman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180K Avantgarde SE
Hi,

My first quess would be it is a gearbox linkage rod/arm. I had one fail on my A-class which meant I couldn't always get it into 1st or 3rd gear without a bit of a fight!! I've heard it has happened to quite a few A-classes.

It's a simple and fairly cheap job. Check it's the linkage rods/arms before someone tries to sell you need a new gearbox!

good luck

OP
N

Notley

Reaction score
Hi,

I have checked the linkage arms and they are find, its looking like a new box. I have been offered a second hand one from a mercedes breakers for £464 inc vat with 90 day guarantee

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom