A200 Petrol 2005 Tiptronic Gearbox Problem??

cassie41

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes A Class
Hello,

I wonder if anyone can help me. I have a low mileage 2005 A class mercedes which I drive in automatic.

I have recently noticed that when I am driving along about 30mph or more there is a slight noise (like a hum or whir) whereas the car used to be really quiet.

I have tried moving the gearstick into manual mode whilst driving and noticed the noise then went.

It seems as if the car isn't automatically changing up to gear 4th or 5th and the sound seems like it is due to it being in a lower gear than it should be.

I have tried driving it with the C button on and the S button on, that makes no difference (not sure what they mean anyway!)

I also noticed since this has been happening my petrol consumption has decreased (not sure if it is connected at all).

I would be really grateful if someone could shed any light on what it may be, and how much I can anticipate it would cost. (unfortunately I didn't take it in to be looked at whilst it was still under warranty, which has recently expired!).

nickcc101

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S203 C180 auto estate 2001 (sold)
I would get the oil level checked before paying out to get the fault codes read, fault codes being the next step if the oil level and condition is OK.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom