OP
alexanderfoti

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
A have noticed a weird increase in the number of threads on this subject from new members In the past few weeks. Odd coincidence??

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
All the salt over winter has had time to corrode the reluctors....

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
guess what mine did today !!!!!

f****** c*** cars

Sorry for you its defo an infectious desease!
Ta Da

No doubt shortly to be accompanied by these two cycling repetatively
32D438D4-EBB6-46ED-BDAB-1B45CF09C77C.jpeg 37F36030-2315-4597-86FC-778B1044F369.jpeg
And I dont even have run flats!

Btw Botus Mobilo think they have found the fault.
F861B0D9-EDD5-43A2-8BB1-CE9348392D3E.jpeg
A corroded earth to the ABR (ESP) controller.
Low loading it to Dealer tomorrow ... ref cant undo nut on body stud ... locked solid!

If I wasnt so ****ed off I would have grabbed a jump start lead, and connected it to the main earth point lol :)

Just thinking how many earth points like this there must be that could give me future fun and games ;)

Considering the price of the car, they could have used gold plated contacts for the brakes, ABC and Comand units or at least the exposed connections.

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
uummmm...

I had the BM R1200 GS bike with an almost identical unit fail twice... (its a 57 plate bike) £250 fix by ECU testing guaranteed for life.... it went again 2 years later... they were very good and sorted FOC... ( but its a 5 hr job to get it off the bike !!!). When I said are you 100% positive you fixed BOTH DTF faults the first time? they assured me they had.... but the second time it came back they had clearly done the pump motor brush fix, which it wasn't clear they had first round !!!

one) is the link wires fall off the circuit board from the connector plug (the exact DTF fault my Omega had)
two) is the brush seizure issue, as per the video link I posted)

My other DTF BMW K1300 (I got approved used - and still in warranty !!!) a 2010 bike. When first got it I plugged it in I can see the ABS module was replaced Jan 2017. yesterday went in limp mode !!!! traction control gone mental.... when I plugged that in this morning " 2786 Front wheel speed from ABS implausible "

I'll check the earth and maybe remake the main harness connection on my S class (at least this is a 20 min job to get at...)

Last edited:

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
uummmm...

I had the BM R1200 GS bike with an almost identical unit fail twice... (its a 57 plate bike) £250 fix by ECU testing guaranteed for life.... it went again 2 years later... they were very good and sorted FOC... ( but its a 5 hr job to get it off the bike !!!). When I said are you 100% positive you fixed BOTH DTF faults the first time? they assured me they had.... but the second time it came back they had clearly done the pump motor brush fix, which it wasn't clear they had first round !!!

one) is the link wires fall off the circuit board from the connector plug (the exact DTF fault my Omega had)
two) is the brush seizure issue, as per the video link I posted)

My other DTF BMW K1300 (I got approved used - and still in warranty !!!) a 2010 bike. When first got it I plugged it in I can see the ABS module was replaced Jan 2017. yesterday went in limp mode !!!! traction control gone mental.... when I plugged that in this morning " 2786 Front wheel speed from ABS implausible "

I'll check the earth and maybe remake the main harness connection on my S class (at least this is a 20 min job to get at...)

Maybe I should put my pre electrickery Yam TDM850 back on the road .... :D

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
uummmm...

Email local stealership today and asked as its under BMW warranty and its a breakdown can you fit it in quickly please

came back with we r busy, EARLIEST we can fit you in is 19 June !!!

OP
alexanderfoti

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
So, drove it today, error message came back, different this time.

Unlocked car, got in, and I had a beeping dashboard that said "release handbrake" with a flashing handbrake logo, all with the ignition off.

I started the car and got the ABS/ESP warning.

Thoughts are that the car thinks its moving when its not.

So, even though STAR reports rear left, rear right and front right sensors implausible. I think its the front left sensor reporting a speed where the others are reporting 0 that is confusing things.

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
Virtually had an identical set of warnings .
Only mine had the words
Parking brake ( in red)
See owners manual

And then got Abs and esp unavailable
And got FR and RR and RL sensor readings are implausible.

Very intererested in your theory, that its actually the FL thats out of kilter with the other three. Rather than the 3 being toast.
Someone told me the FL is the one that tells the ABS the speed of the car or something like that.

OP
alexanderfoti

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Virtually had an identical set of warnings .
Only mine had the words
Parking brake ( in red)
See owners manual

And then got Abs and esp unavailable
And got FR and RR and RL sensor readings are implausible.

Very intererested in your theory, that its actually the FL thats out of kilter with the other three. Rather than the 3 being toast.
Someone told me the FL is the one that tells the ABS the speed of the car or something like that.

I will plug it in again when I get home and see which codes are logged. I think its more likely that one has died rather than 3 at the same time.

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
Still waiting for the Dealers prognosis on mine.

In this case no news is probably not good i.e longer time spent. :-/

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
Just out of interest Alex
What is your voltage immediately after opening your door to get in?

OP
alexanderfoti

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Just out of interest Alex
What is your voltage immediately after opening your door to get in?

After driving, about 12.5 on the dash with ignition on.

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
After driving, about 12.5 on the dash with ignition on.
And if you just went up to her having not been driven for a few hours, what voltage would you see in pos1 of ign. ?

Just asked as when I had all the initial faulty battery issues, Malcolm (Television ) PMed me and said one really needed 12.5V as a minimum.

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
my park brake also went a bit mental 2 weeks ago ! had a few red messages, it then released itself as I got in the car and turned the key, when I reapplied it wouldn't auto release !!! did it manually and I drove off, no more agro. Then shorty after I had pad wear indicator come on. This I believe is real, as I knew they were getting low. And its been on each journey since.

The other odd thing was when I parked up when I got back home a few hours later (after it released itself when I turned the key on), was that it wouldn't apply the park brake. I had to try again and this time it worked.

At the time I thought it was the pad wear upsetting stuff, but with you guys having issues its probably not pad wear but something failing?

OP
alexanderfoti

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
my park brake also went a bit mental 2 weeks ago ! had a few red messages, it then released itself as I got in the car and turned the key, when I reapplied it wouldn't auto release !!! did it manually and I drove off, no more agro. Then shorty after I had pad wear indicator come on. This I believe is real, as I knew they were getting low. And its been on each journey since.

The other odd thing was when I parked up when I got back home a few hours later (after it released itself when I turned the key on), was that it wouldn't apply the park brake. I had to try again and this time it worked.

At the time I thought it was the pad wear upsetting stuff, but with you guys having issues its probably not pad wear but something failing?

Maybe sticking motor in the control unit. Have you had it off/apart at all?

I checked the codes on mine. FL RL and RR codes. Actual values for wheel speeds show 0.6kmh for all 4 wheels.

No idea which is dead. Suppose I will keep driving it until it gets worse.

OP
alexanderfoti

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Live data shows this with key on:
And if you just went up to her having not been driven for a few hours, what voltage would you see in pos1 of ign. ?

Just asked as when I had all the initial faulty battery issues, Malcolm (Television ) PMed me and said one really needed 12.5V as a minimum.

12.0 with ignition position 1

OP
alexanderfoti

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Interestingly, this is wheel speed with ignition on:

This is wheel speed with ignition off:

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom