ABS Light ML270 (2002) again

ferrispedro

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270 CDI
My ABS light comes on and disappears at will. I have asked the Forums advice on this and it was suggested that I get it checked on STAR. Fair enough but as the fault is intermittent surely I would be wasting money if the fault was not apparent at the garage? Can anyone suggest things I can check myself as in plugs,connectors etc? Where is the ABS unit,perhaps I could plug/unplug it? A photo of the location would be handy too. Many thanks.

panason1c

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes ML270CDI, VW Polo 1.9tdi, BMW K1200RS
First thing i would suggest you check is that all tyres are at equal pressures and are relatively evenly worn, failing that, a star check would log a code and indicate where the problem lies, eg.... which (if any) abs wheel sensor is triggering the fault.

The abs pump is located below the windscreen washer bottle, you can access it easily by removing the n/s headlight unit (3 screws)

I've read reports that the loom at the abs pump is known to chaff against the body..........might be worth checking for any bare wires?

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom