Adaptive highbeam

Oldandbald

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 C350e plug in hybrid
Recent purchase of Nov15 C350e premium plus. As far as I can see, adaptive highbeam should be standard, but I can’t figure it out based on manual. Can anyone advise? Thanks

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
Turn light switch to Auto, push lever on steering column forward. There is a telltale indicator lamp in the instrument cluster that lights up when switched on, looks like a headlight in a rectangle.

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
just read the basics on benz website on dis adaptive headlights thing, old name dipswitch..........new name ,adaptive, for dipsticks dont know where tiz dipswitch or mobility motor for those with prosthetic arm,hand. sorry guys but i wont be worrying to much about that feature on a future purchase

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
just read the basics on benz website on dis adaptive headlights thing, old name dipswitch..........new name ,adaptive, for dipsticks dont know where tiz dipswitch or mobility motor for those with prosthetic arm,hand. sorry guys but i wont be worrying to much about that feature on a future purchase

It really is rather clever though, just like magic, honest. :alien::alien:

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
someone has nicked my magic wand and my glass ball is broke

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
someone has nicked my magic wand and my glass ball is broke
Stop being a grumpy auld c***! ;)

Adaptive high beam is brill. Best thing ever, I’d truly not go back to normal lamps again. It’s not just the bendy Beam but the moving black spot that makes it so cool for me.

OP
O

Oldandbald

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Turn light switch to Auto, push lever on steering column forward. There is a telltale indicator lamp in the instrument cluster that lights up when switched on, looks like a headlight in a rectangle.
Thanks, tried this, just switches on high beam.

Mr Filipov

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 BMW 535d Gran Turismo
Thanks, tried this, just switches on high beam.

Unfortunately that means no auto high beam, unless the ILS is switched off in the settings. Not sure where that is on yours though. Newer menu than mine.

Worth a browse through the lighting settings. Another give away is having the camera in the middle top of windscreen. Should have one small sensor for auto lights, wipers and a bigger sensor, almost camera like for the auto beam.

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If you pop your VIN number in the Vin Decoder thread, one of the helpful guys will get the data card for the car and that will determine what is what and we can assist further.

Do you have the 'My Guide' Mercedes Benz app on a smartphone that will give you lots of details.

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Stop being a grumpy auld c***! ;)

Adaptive high beam is brill. Best thing ever, I’d truly not go back to normal lamps again. It’s not just the bendy Beam but the moving black spot that makes it so cool for me.

dats me, sometimes mummy says same thing.!!!!!!.. but then she aint the one tryin to unravel tech for techs sake dramas when dat tech dont work. what proportion of dramas we try to unravel on this forum do you reckon are tech as opposed to mechanical and of that proportion what percentage would you estimate are unrelated to actually being able to drive the car.. ie my auto dip mirror dont auto dip, my memory seat dont remember, my sat nav come on and off by itself ,my auto headlight dont auto whatever. marketing should be ,something like ... yr never be BORED with a BENZ, aint that the truth.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Here’s one for you then. You’re a pilot in light aviation, how long do you reckon avgas will be available for?

Mr Filipov

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 BMW 535d Gran Turismo
dats me, sometimes mummy says same thing.!!!!!!.. but then she aint the one tryin to unravel tech for techs sake dramas when dat tech dont work. what proportion of dramas we try to unravel on this forum do you reckon are tech as opposed to mechanical and of that proportion what percentage would you estimate are unrelated to actually being able to drive the car.. ie my auto dip mirror dont auto dip, my memory seat dont remember, my sat nav come on and off by itself ,my auto headlight dont auto whatever. marketing should be ,something like ... yr never be BORED with a BENZ, aint that the truth.

Why come on the forum to complain about everything? Don’t like it, don’t go on it?

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
18 years 6 months 5 days and 4 hours 36 seconds ?

Headhurts

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes GLC300 2021
I love my ILS, it’s fandabbydoobie.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
O

Oldandbald

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Unfortunately that means no auto high beam, unless the ILS is switched off in the settings. Not sure where that is on yours though. Newer menu than mine.

Worth a browse through the lighting settings. Another give away is having the camera in the middle top of windscreen. Should have one small sensor for auto lights, wipers and a bigger sensor, almost camera like for the auto beam.
Thanks for a HELPFUL reply

OP
O

Oldandbald

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If you pop your VIN number in the Vin Decoder thread, one of the helpful guys will get the data card for the car and that will determine what is what and we can assist further.

Do you have the 'My Guide' Mercedes Benz app on a smartphone that will give you lots of details.
Thanks for a HELPFUL reply

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
About 7...
Hmm I will research that within the industry. We supply all the under wing aviation refuelling equipment to about 60% of the airports in the world and my German colleagues who look after those markets strangely haven’t been panicking yet

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom