Aeriel, replacement rubber grommet.

mercedesc180

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can buy the rubber grommet that goes around the aeriel onto the body work. My plastic cover is fine, just the rubber has perished. As yet no one will sell it seperatly. 1994 C180 elegance.

Thankyou

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The aerials are not made by MB and only come complete as you have found out.
if its just a flat peice of rubber get a faulty inner tube from a tyre shop and cut one out.

Malcolm

OP
M

mercedesc180

Reaction score
On this model its an egg shaped hole as its on the curve of the body. I cant really think of a good way of sealing it. Might have to be a new aeriel then. Thanks television.

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Could it not be done with a tube of silicon sealer?

Can be had in lots of colours (black included) Have a word with a plumber/builder/kitchen fitter.

Save you buying a full tube for a little bit :)

OP
M

mercedesc180

Reaction score
Yes, thats the only way i could see of doing it. Problem is theres nothing to back it up against when i squirt it in. I might epoxy a plate behind it then squirt some down.

Cheers all

rajinder_1

Reaction score
Or you could try a breakers, or a salvage yard, you do see the odd c class lying around and usually the aerial is broken, so you should be able to get the bit u need.

Raj

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
So like Raj says, a new aerial or a breakers, possibly a ICE shop, I used to have lots of spare bits once where aerials had been snapped off.

Just a handy bit of info, cutting and working with rubber is not easy, pop it in the freezer and you can drill and file to shape it.

Malcolm

Bolide

Reaction score
Website
www.w124.co.uk
Your Mercedes
BMW 525 Diesel Touring
You can buy that piece from the dealer, same as you can buy almost any part for almost any Mercedes every built

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom