After Brexit - Jocxit

S500 Pete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500 (W222) 2014. Turbo 4.7 V8 with loads of toys. Superfast luxury.
What do we think about Scotland going it alone.

Thoughts on an English £5 note please

Last edited:

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
A bad do for everyone. We have always been greater than the sum of our component parts.

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
We've had enough breakups, don't need any more, these are never for the best.
Hopefully common sense will prevail.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
Someone should ask Mrs May. It must all be covered in "the plan".

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
I think Sturgeon is labouring under a delusion that if Scotland splits it can somehow automatically inherit the UK's EU membership.

And I genuinely think it would be a sad day if the UK did disintegrate.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
But Theresa May's "My Way or the Highway" is not exactly helping that situation. While the indy bid failed last time, I think the result would be much closer if they had another vote on it.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
But Theresa May's "My Way or the Highway" is not exactly helping that situation. While the indy bid failed last time, I think the result would be much closer if they had another vote on it.

Stick it to the fishy bint I say. She needs Whitehall's permission. Denied! My big issue with all of this is how completely undemocratic the principle is. Get a vote result you don't like? Demand another vote & repeat until you do! She claims to be acting in behalf of the electorate. Well, they handed her a mandate to stay in the U.K.

And Dave, the vote as you well know will be more heavily influenced in the next two years than any other time in history...

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
They won't vote to split in my opinion , a third of SNP voters voted for Brexit . They have the same problem that Labour have with the Londoners voting remain and the northern Labour voters going for Brexit . Very difficult to unite a party with such varying viewpoints .

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Scotland would be bankrupt within 10 years we currently subsidise them to the tune of £1500ph, absolute folly in my opinion, they need a wealthy benefactor either the UK or EU

dry run

Reaction score
Website
kb-boatpark.co.uk
Your Mercedes
CLS 350d AMG LIne Premium Plus
If Scotland do get another referendum, the question and "rules" should be thought about a little more than Cameron's referendum question. Maybe to change the status quo (ie. Leave the union) you should require a substantial voting margin (say 10%)? Just a thought - bet Sturgeon won't like that :).

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Yes it would be a very good idea to make it more difficult for those oiks who think that leaving and going it alone is the way forward....

ioweddie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W205 AMG Sport Line Premier Plus Estate C220d
At Uni apparently Nicola Sturgeon's nickname was 'Seaweed'.
Even the tide wouldn't take her out

ashford charlie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class W211 (09) 220cdi Estate
Yes it would be a very good idea to make it more difficult for those oiks who think that leaving and going it alone is the way forward....

I assume this is a dig at those who voted to leave the EU? However I don't consider myself (and others who voted to leave) to be rude and unpleasant and from a low social class (the definition of "oik") and I've always felt that once people resort to this sort of language it's an admission they've lost the argument. Keep it up!

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
It isn't, and never was meant to be, more a dig at those who seem to think that their views are correct and that no referendum should be given, just in case the great unwashed vote the wrong way... But there again if the shoe fits...

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
It isn't, and never was meant to be, more a dig at those who seem to think that their views are correct and that no referendum should be given, just in case the great unwashed vote the wrong way... But there again if the shoe fits...

As opposed to Sturgeon who wants to keep on having referenda until she gets the result she wants?

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Stick it to the fishy bint I say. She needs Whitehall's permission. Denied! My big issue with all of this is how completely undemocratic the principle is. Get a vote result you don't like? Demand another vote & repeat until you do! She claims to be acting in behalf of the electorate. Well, they handed her a mandate to stay in the U.K.

And Dave, the vote as you well know will be more heavily influenced in the next two years than any other time in history...

They gave her a mandate to stay when they thought UK was staying in the EU - and that's a fact. But in any case the fishy bint is only doing the same as our beloved PM (who would now have you believe she is 1000% pro Brexit when history provides all the quotes from the time when she campaigned to remain (but now says the exact opposite !).
- Question: was she lying then or is she lying now?
- I think it's just convenient to change because it gave her the plum job.

- And one vs t'other seems a bit like six versus half a dozen to me.

But I haven't revised my opinion that Theresa MAY will get what she is given (and performance to date doesn't suggest otherwise, really) so sadly it looks as though opinion over the border may be swayed more by Nicola Sturgeon than many are giving credit.

Last edited:

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
They gave her a mandate to stay when they thought UK was staying in the EU - and that's a fact. But in any case the fishy bint is only doing the same as our beloved PM (who would now have you believe she is 1000% pro Brexit when history provides all the quotes from the time when she campaigned to remain (but now says the exact opposite !).
- Question: was she lying then or is she lying now?
- I think it's just convenient to change because it gave her the plum job.

- And one vs t'other seems a bit like six versus half a dozen to me.

But I haven't revised my opinion that Theresa MAY will get what she is given (and performance to date doesn't suggest otherwise, really) so sadly it looks as though opinion over the border may be swayed more by Nicola Sturgeon than many are giving credit.

They gave her a mandate to stay in a once- only referendum which was specifically understood by all to be a once- only referendum. Everything after that is just power grabbing by Sturgeon & Salmond.

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
As opposed to Sturgeon who wants to keep on having referenda until she gets the result she wants?

You can never blame a politician for trying to become more popular and a legend in their life time. Sturgeon isn't worried about what Westminster thinks, nor the brit public in general. The British public voted to Brexit, Scotland voted to remain... So the Scots should shut up and let England decide their future. Aye rightt :p:D
Just imagine if England had voted overwhemingly to remain in the EU and Scotland had voted them out.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
They gave her a mandate to stay in a once- only referendum which was specifically understood by all to be a once- only referendum. Everything after that is just power grabbing by Sturgeon & Salmond.

But the ongoing argument about Brexit concerns what the public did not know or expect or were misled to believe plus the lies vs the fear (ad nauseum).

So Nicola Sturgeon's point will be to tell her electorate that they were hoodwinked. And I wouldn't be surprised if a majority accepted that. If that happens, the "union" that took 2000 years to accomplish will - just like our EU membership - disappear in one night, which would be very sad indeed. So the uncompromising stance that Theresa May currently adopts needs to change to one where the benefits of staying in the Union are seen to outweigh the alternative - "My Way or the Highway" is the last thing to preach to the Scots - on principal they'll be pushed to the Highway!

And Northern Ireland is waiting in the wings...

Last edited:
Top Bottom