aftermarket alarm on E220 key fob?

cheesychive

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E 220 CDI
Hi,
I have managed to get a 220 CDI engine running 'stand alone' with the aim of transplanting it into a Jaguar XJ6 (it is running and driving well in a manual XJS)
the problem I have is that I can't find a way of loosing the steering lock and ignition key from the Mercedes.
if I can't bypass all the Mercedes security which I am assuming i can't then I don't really want to carry 2 keys with me to unlock and start the car.

is there a aftermarket kit which the Mercedes key will talk to so I can use remote locking on the doors?

or a way to bypass the security?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Clive.

JohnnySBC

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.ecu-repair.co.uk
Your Mercedes
W212 E350 - Remapped --->>> 300 bhp
No way to bypass security. you can bypass the steering lock with an emulator but you cant bypass the ignition switch or cancel the immobiliser in engine ECU ....

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
I’d suggest a Jaguar engine instead. Only pain, hardship and misery lie down the path you’ve currently chosen.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom