Air con and sat nav faults

A Walker

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 E Class 320 CDI
I have a 2004 211 E320 CDI. I have a fault with my A/C. When I get in the car I turn on the A/C. The air con will not start working until I have traveled about a mile to a mile and a half. Once it starts working its fine. I started by having the A/C recharged and they told me that it is working fine. Next morning the same fault was still there. I took the car back to the garage and they checked the a/c again and they said it was still fully charged. They plugged there computer into my car and said there was three faults showing which they cleared and road tested the car. They then checked the fault codes again and told me that the codes had not reappeared. I took the car home but the next morning the car was the same. I have spent £122 already and they said they dont have the mercedes computer so they cannot suggest anything other than take it to a Mercedes dealer.
The error codes they cleared were 9021, 9100, 9460

My sat nav systen is also giving me problems. the screen shows the map and folows the route I am taking but will not accept a route. if I select route guideance the screen displays "no disc" I have tried using a dvd lens cleaning disc and inserting another disc but it still doesnt work
Can anyone suggest anything

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I am wondering if the heater shut off valve is faulty or MAF losing the coding.

The comand looks as though the laser pick up needs to be replaced

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Perhaps a clearer explanation of what you mean by the A/C not working? Do you mean it does blow cool air? Or it doesn't blow at all? Or the display is off?

Regarding the COMAND navigation error, have you put the disc in the Nav unit in the boot?

OP
A

A Walker

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 E Class 320 CDI
a walker reply

The air con is blowing but hot air comes out for the first 1-1.5 miles. I have just been away for a couple of days, if I have had the aircon on during the previous trip within a few hours then the aircon comes straight on. Do you know what the pressure should be when they recharge the system. i was wondering if they didnt put enough pressure in it so it has to build up pressure hence the delay in working?

regarding the sat nav the disc is in place in the boot and during the recent trip the satnav started to work intermittantly then the screen would say no disc inserted. i was woundering if it be the lens needs cleaning or something like that.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
You could try a lens cleaner first, the ones with a liquid are the best.

With the air con you must get the car on STAR to see what is going on

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sticking duovalve?

Thanks Mark, I am getting too old for this, yes the silly little heater change over motors could well be the fault, mine is all over the place

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
sticking duovalve?

+1 for this, try having the temp settings to cold before you set off and see if any hot air comes out, if it does then I would suspect the same.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
With mine, it does not always start up correctly but a couple of restarts will usually set the thing

OP
A

A Walker

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 E Class 320 CDI

Hi there sorry I dont understand what you mean, "get the car on STAR" what is this?

OP
A

A Walker

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 E Class 320 CDI

I have tried the lens cleaner with the fluid but it didnt say how long to leave it in so I tried 3 - 4 minutes, do you think that was long enough? If it is the lens that is at fault do you know where I can send the unit to have a new one put in?

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
STAR is MB's diagnostic system. All dealers and good independents will have this.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If the laser pick up turns out to be u/s there are firms that will replace it

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom