Air con vs climate control R129

Dave SL

Reaction score
Is it possible to upgrade the standard air conditioning to climate control just by changing the control unit in the dash to the digital climate control unit or is there more to it?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Looking on the Ruski site it does appear that the main components are the same after all it is only the way it achieves the cooling that is different

ant500sl

Reaction score
Both the wiring loom and the plumbing on the heating system are different as it has a single valve for controlling water heating as opposed to the duovalve on regular cars. Looked into it a while ago as control units sell quite cheaply on ebay, when you consider the costs of the loom and other aspects I decided it was'nt viable. Possible though if you really want to.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Both the wiring loom and the plumbing on the heating system are different as it has a single valve for controlling water heating as opposed to the duovalve on regular cars. Looked into it a while ago as control units sell quite cheaply on ebay, when you consider the costs of the loom and other aspects I decided it was'nt viable. Possible though if you really want to.

I agree that the amount of work is huge, and not the easiest cars to work on.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom