Air Conditioner bomb ? have you tried one, are they good ?

anyweb

Reaction score
Website
www.niallbrady.com
Your Mercedes
c238,w120 (diesel)
when i bought my car some months ago the previous owner was a smoker, so i asked him to 'get rid of' the smell of smoke before i bought the car as the first test drive i could smell smoke clearly,

he then said he'd get the car treated with oxygen overnight (that's what he said) and that it would be fine, a week later when i picked up the car, the smell of smoke had vanished and there was almost a minty smell (very nice whatever it was) in the car, that pleasant odour lasted a couple of months,

in the last two days i drove the entire family (with three kids) 440 kilometers with the associated drinking, eating that goes on including burger king, so now my car smells more like a chip shop than it did,

i spent an hour cleaning it on the inside after we got home and hoovered out most of the dirt, crisps, chips etc but the car still smells like chips,

i know this will disappear in a few days but what i'd like is to get the nice scent back that the car had when i bought it, the previous owner wont tell me what he used so i'm only guessing it was an air conditioner bomb or similar,

do any of you have any recommendations (and if so why) as to what i can use and what scent will i get once done ?

cheers
niall

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
You can get "new car smell" in car shops

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
I have used several different types of A/C bombs and I have not noticed any discernable scent afterwards, though they have gotten rid of the musty smell sometimes asscoiated with car A/C systems.
I use an aerosol air freshener now which i buy off of a taxi driver i know, one shot from this can and you can smell it for days after, it can be a bit overpowering when first sprayed so i have a tendency to use when i get out of the car and i,m leaving it overnight, it is cranberry flavour so it smells quite pleasant, i have been trying to find a link but its proving difficult.
This company stocks it but you could probably find something a little closer to home for you, towards the bottom of the page "big shot aerosol".
http://www.shineonchemicals.co.uk/page_491966.html

peterwhayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E240 classic est 2000 2.4
Quite ironic really (in your case as you have been eating fish and chips) but I followed a tip by someone on the forum here and placed a bowl of vinegar on rear floor area overnight to elimanate a the smell of smoking from my car. And it worked very well. I also used a smoke bomb, but like has beeen said, thats not realy going to get rid of cabin smells it just "cleans the parts of your air con that are otherwise difficult/impossible to get to. Personally I dont like hangy up or sticky on things as they allways smell (my opinion only) cheap/chemically, and I would rather have the original bad smell than that........See the "do you smoke" thread.:)

mikestrivens

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 W124 320TE, 1998 R129 SL500, 2016 Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
I used an AC bomb from Halfords in my E320 which was getting rather smelly, bacteria build up. It worked brilliantly and I haven't needed to use another one more than a year later.

Developer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 E63 S 5.5 biturbo
Oops........sorry guys/gals :cool:.

It's that Lizzy, she's taught me bad ways.

Parisien

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL320 1996, 1990 C124 300ce, 1989 200TE
Not having driven the C180 for a fortnight, I notice there is still a lingering smokey odour, any new recommendations, the bowl of vinegar works?

P

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom