Aircorn uncool for my CLK230 & temperatures

kanipansan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK230
Hi there,

I'm newbie here.....I'm just bought CLK230 but the problems is the air conditioning in my CLK230 not cool & it's just blowing out the wind only. Does anyone knew what is the actual problems regarding my air conditioning ventilation. It is running out of the gas or else? Also if the temperature is around 80 degrees & sometimes if traffic jam...the degrees up to 81/82 but not until reach the max. Can someone tell me it is the normal temperature for CLK230 or abnormal. Or something i need to check...

Please help me...thanks

regards
Kanipansan

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
Hi. Welcome to the forum.

What year is your CLK?

With the engine running is the light for the EC switch on?
If you press the EC switch can you turn the EC switch light on and off?

When in stationary what temperature does the engine get to?
Does the electric fan come on when the engine temperature reaches 90 - 95?

OP
K

kanipansan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK230
What year is your CLK?

- My CLK230 year is 1998

With the engine running is the light for the EC switch on?

What of if i not turn it on? Cause on my dashboard panel there have the A/C switch on/off & EC switch....I only press the A/C panel only.

If you press the EC switch can you turn the EC switch light on and off?

Yes..should be no problems

When in stationary what temperature does the engine get to?
Does the electric fan come on when the engine temperature reaches 90 - 95?

This one i'm not so sure....but my normal temperature will reach until 81 or 82...

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
That is on the low side and should be nearer the 90 mark, with the engine running at under 80c the air will never feel very warm by the time that it has been blown.

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
His problem is the lack of cooling in the AC, not the lack of heat :)

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
The OP states that he has an AC switch and an EC switch - would this mean that he has manual airconditioning?

For a car this age am I correct in thinking that if the EC switch light is lit then the air conditioning wont work?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Start again, when a car is low on gas, it may work fine at temps of outside air of under 20c, above this if the gas pressure is low it will not operate, and blows gust normal air, they lamp will not come on when the gas is just a little on the low side.

I had this problem coming home from Sweden, at outside temps of up to about 22c it was fine, I hit a heat wave in Holland, and at 33c I had no aircon at all, a re gas fixed it. That was the most miserable part of any journey that I have ever had, the cool boxes stopped, no cold air at all.

OP
K

kanipansan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK230
Okay..now i get it that my air conditioning are low on gas. So it's need to refill it back right?:)

But I'm still confuse what is functional of EC instead of AC flow? What if i'm not push both of the button on? Can someone explain to me since i'm new about this. FYI, my air conditioning are manual operation.

Thanks

mikestrivens

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 W124 320TE, 1998 R129 SL500, 2016 Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
The ec button is used as an economy setting to save fuel. This turns the ac off when the ec button led is lit. The normal aircon mode is for the aircon to be on therefore the ec button led should not be lit.

If the aircon is not working it maybe low on aircon fluid, as others have said. The cause of this is often a damaged condenser (aircon radiator in front of the engine cooling radiator). Because of its location it gets all the road crud thrown at it and this causes it to fail and lose aircon fluid. The firm that refills the aircon will be able to tell if you have a leak as it won't hold the pressure.

mikestrivens

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
With regards to your engine temperature it is a bit low and should run around 90 degrees. In traffic on a hot day mine regularly goes higher than this. It could be your thermostat is beginning to fail.

OP
K

kanipansan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK230
Dear mike....

Are u sure that the temperature must be higher than 80degres? For me it's little bit to high pressure for the engine. Sorry before this i'm using Acura...but not understand the flow of CLK230....still new

mikestrivens

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
My three Mercedes run normally at around 90 degrees. In very hot weather they will go above 100 in heavy traffic and the fans kick in. As soon as moving again they drop back to around 90.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An engine is much more efficient at 90+ than at 80+

OP
K

kanipansan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK230
Okay..it's sound normal for the higher temperature. Thanks for you all advise...really appreciate that....:D

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom