Amber engine warning light

Ash77

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS Shooting Brake 2014 220d
Have a 2014 CLS 220d shooting brake, bought approved used 14 months ago.
A week before the warranty expiry, the Amber engine warning light came on, and they replaced temperature sensors under warranty.
Only 2 months later, it has come on again!
Is this a coincidence or is this signalling there could be on going issues with the engine compartment unit that haven't been rectified fully first time?
It seems the engine warning light is very non specific and could be due to a whole range of issues according to online info. I'm no expert so anything related to the engine worries me, as I drive around a lot with a 3 year old...
I'm now out of warranty so concerned the car is going to become an expensive headache! It's my first Mercedes too, after 15 years of pretty trouble free BMW driving....

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Welcome to the forum buddy , what area do you live in so someone can recommend a good MB Indy who could get to the bottom of the problem at a lot less than MB prices

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
Unfortunely you need the faults read, preferably with a star machine. There is only one engine light but a number of faults that could cause it to illuminate.

OP
A

Ash77

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS Shooting Brake 2014 220d
Thanks both, I live near Uxbridge...I thought I best go back to the dealership first because they worked on it only 2 months ago - if it is the same issue again - i.e. the temperature sensors, then I guess they should sort it out at no further cost? If it is something else, I guess I will have to fork out, but any future repairs now I would like to go to a reliabile independent, as it is not under warranty anymore...if it is something else, what are the odds that the same engine light comes on within 2 months and it is a separate issue related to the same warning light....:(

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
With your engine, the odds are something completely different illuminating the eml.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
It seems the engine warning light is very non specific and could be due to a whole range of issues ......

that's the same of any car of any make ..... and it might even store a fault code & not illuminate the engine management light

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Near Uxbridge, then Wayne Gates is your Indy du Jour.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom