AMG Driving Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymous

Reaction score
Have now been invited to an AMG Driving day in June.

Has anyone else?

OP
A

Anonymous

Reaction score
Sorry nothing I can do!

I've only been waiting since September for this!

Guy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 Estate 2010 Brabus D6 350CDI
BJ
I've not heard anything. Where's it at? Oh yeh - which car are you going in?!

OP
A

Anonymous

Reaction score
It's being held at the MIRA proving grounds.

They say "we have created a series of AMG Experiences at one of the motor industry's most demanding proving grounds. Special test tracks simulate snow, ice and driving rain.....

I called the phone number and was offered next Friday or Saturday (7/8 June) and opted for the 8th.

The good lady is coming too so we will probably go in her ML. She's invited too.

OP
A

Anonymous

Reaction score
Her car = with the KIDS
My car = without the kids!!

Guy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BJ,

Do they include AMG protocol at roundabouts? Maybe I'll get invited to that one...

BJ

Reaction score
Guy,

Have just got of the phone to AMG about the driving day, and have had to cancel for June 9th.

They have various dates available in July & August (Saturdays & Sundays).

So let me know when you get your invite & we can try to go together.

Guy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Will do, BJ, thanks for the thought.

(You're not after revenge?! are you?)

I'll try and push my dealer; July would be good for me.
But my car came in Feb (wasn't yours earlier?) and they told me then there was a rota based on delivery date.

PS
When does the new one come?

OP
A

Anonymous

Reaction score
New one came last Friday.
All I can say is WOW!!

Old car sold by Monday (although its still on the dealer website)

If you have not heard anything by next week I'll give you the phone number of AMG Experiences.

The man from AMG inspected the car & found NO FAULT!!

Guy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Does that mean there's something wrong with mine?!

I can't get it do that...perhaps I should complain.

What colour is the new one?

JJ

Reaction score
I rang up about this ages ago, but haven't heard anything from them yet - they said they'd callme back and offer dates.

There is a number to call - its in the Mercedes magazine (think its done from Milton Keynes HQ - dealers don't always know what its about)

C32AMGEstate

Guy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I got a letter from them last week, and gave them a ring.
It's all pretty relaxed, if there's a space, you can grab it.
Whole thing is free, but a guest driving and eating costs £395.
My son is saving up. He'll be 21 by the time he's got enough.

JJ - How's your car going - still enjoying?

Guy

JJ

Reaction score
Yeah its great. Had it upto 160mph on a clear Autobahn, and was still going strong (didn't hit limiter either). I'm not a mad driver but cruising at 135-140mph is possible safely sometimes, 100-110 more normal (much safer). The ride is brilliant and the brakes are amazing too. COMAND is really good too, probably won't buy a benz without it now.

Being an estate its is great to chuck my mountain bike in the rear on demand, and its seen some action at IKEA too. Also had it up in the alps snowboarding in the winter, where the space came in pretty handy.

I did have a fun encounter with a C43AMG estate, who sped off down a slip road onto an open autobahn, and I followed him. I overtook him much more easily than I thought I would and it turned out the "speedshift" auto made the decisive difference - he asked me about it at some lights in town and a) didn't know what a C32 was, and b) was sure it was a manual of some sort due to the difference in shifts.

Its a bit thirsty for my liking though. Also, while I think the nappa leather is great, to be honest the interior Alu trim is frankly a bit insulting on a 47k car. Benz should have made the black wood a no cost option (i.e. not a 800Euro designo rip off) - I think this has put many potential buyers off (assuming they didn't mind an auto in the first place). I'm even less impressed with the new CLK Avantegarde trim (although the AMG 55 gets a much better brushed finish)

I'm considering a CLK500 as a replacement (mmm that'll have much better economy then...), and will probably go for a nice bit of walnut (am I getting old??).

How long are you planning on keeping yours?

JJ

Reaction score
BJ - you sold your C32? What did you get for it, and what did it have on it (i.e. what was the list price?). Was it a UK car?

There are several hovering for 43-44k second hand, but I guess you got 38-39k (or maybe less)?

Guy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I might well keep mine a long time - but I always think that at the start. Still in love. Depends on so many things - we've got a 300TD which is used for family trips etc, so I might make the C32 a long-termer: I could probably buy a new mini with what it would cost to change!

I was thinking about a CL500 before I decided on the C32. Once I started looking at the options list the price seemed to get way too high - no self-control.

I've only done 4k, and don't get the chance to use the performance potential very often, but when I do, I absolutely love it. You know what its like on the roads here, (I've got Bel radar and Originblue i fitted - paranoid) I usually drive with speed limiter set, but enjoy the acceleration / brakes / cornering etc.

I've been reasonably impressed with the fuel consumption though,  in that I can get 24mpg on a motorway commute, 18-19 going to town. I know that's hardly economical by many standards, but we have truly got supercar performance figures.

Best drive to date was over the tops via Macclesfield to Sheffield. Whenever I hit traffic, I just peeled off onto a  quiet road and let the Nav system recalculate the route. That's when the whole package comes into its own.

Must try and get onto an Autobahn one day....

Guy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Double post due to CGI timeout....

(Edited by Guy at 9:24 pm on June 18, 2002)

fuzzer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W202
Thats not too bad in the town , i get 19mpg with my c240.

BJ

Reaction score
My "old" C32 was a UK spec car with everything but TV tuner. Also had neon door sills.

The car was swapped at the dealer on the Friday & sold by the Monday for approx 43k (that's what the dealer advertised it for

Status
Not open for further replies.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom